Good Morning….oops….Good Afternoon!
(It happened again as I am with my Dad but he is doing great!)
I have a fun and colorful card of inspiration for you today….PLUS a chance to win BLOG CANDY!! You can tell by the colors that I am using that I am sooooo ready for Spring! I invite you to look at colors and just have FUN with combining them together.
One thing that I hope you can see right off the bat is that this card is all about the basics again! You know me…..that works for me and I never get tired of pointing that out to you, To be honest….I hadn’t put away the square framelits away from Tuesday as well as the Tutti-Fruit paper and I thought – challenge yourself to make something that is right in front of you!
When I say the basics….look at this….
- Whisper White Card Stock – yep….gotta have it in both Thick and Regular Weight.
- Trimmer – yep – need this too!…gotta have this for ease of making perfect cuts in all sizes and you can score as well!
- Big Shot – yep – of course!…true an investment….but one that you will buy once but use over and over! (I call mine “Mr. Big”)
- Square Framelits – yep-a basic!..another one time investment that you will use for your crafting lifetime!
- Sentiment Dies – yep again plus this is free, this is one thing that I am a HUGE LOVER of…..I just adore sentiment dies and my fingers are crossed that we keep coming out with more and more of them! The great thing about this one….you will get it FREE as it is a choice in the SAB Freebies!
- Sentiment Stamp Set – yep – I do love my sentiments!, when you are choosing stamps, go for the sentiments as you can always tuck a sentiment in here and there that are classic and timeless….just look at how many useful one are in this stamp set, Sunshine Wishes!
I am just a huge believer if you have the basics you can go from there and add as needed. I know that we all get super excited with buying more and more stamps….but I truly think that as you build your crafting collection you need to have the basic tools/supplies….and all of the ones that I listed above are ones that I would recommend as a must have!
Let’s have a little fun and how about some BLOG CANDY
What is the combination of basics that I have listed below that would get you to $124.50 (the maximum amount of product that you could get is $125) that you could choose as your “ultimate bundle” and just get it all for $99.00 (and it would ship for FREE)
On top of the savings…you would be able to pick any 2 stamp sets of your choice…YEP – ANY 2…and I always think it is super fun to hear what people pick….some go for the most $$$$$….some go for the newer ones….it’s completely your choice!
The 2 FREE STAMP OFFER is just good until March 31st……so each week until then….you will have 4 opportunities to guess what items from the list below (at the end of the post) would I pick that would add up to $124.50 for my starter kit is I was a newbie!
Each week until then I will be offering a different Blog Candy FREEBIE….this week it is the Tutti-Fruiti Notecard & Envelopes….and if we have multiple winners…I will honor it to the first 3 that guess it correctly! Have fun and see if we think the same! I will list the winner (s) on Saturdays post.
I think that you can see from this card that there are simple shapes (squares) and a sentiment. I stacked up several of the sentiment word and I do think that this adds a fun impact. Also adding dimensionals add depth and interest to this simple card.
I used some color inspiration from the Tutti-Fruiti 6X6 DSP….and I actually covered the entire front panel of an A-2 card and then I used the extra scrap to give the envelope some love.
There are 2 other additions that I used that are not Stampin’ Up! Products but ones that I consider great ones to have on hand….(actually I always have 2 white pens as I would be lost without it) and these fun and sassy blings….from Honey Bee.
I hope that this super clean card will inspire you to think about using minimal products…..lots of FUN color…..to create a card that would make anyone feel super special! This is truly a less is best example and one that would be easy to make up in the masses.
I hope that you have fun playing the “puzzle/challenge” to see in the below product line up….what I would pick to add up to $124.50! I will give you a hint…..the Big Shot is not one of the items item… ha-ha, well at least not this time 🙂 ……
If you wish, leave your guess in the comments and up to 3 will win the Tutti Fruiti Notecards & Envelopes! Have a great afternoon and remember, there is absolutely nothing wrong with be being simple in your style – I think that this is one sharp and fun card!