Welcome to the Pals July, 2018 Blog Hop. We’re having a “Pattern Party”. This month our creations will feature our favorite Designer Series Papers and coordinating embellishments from the new annual catalog from Stampin’ Up!
You may be starting the hop here or coming from a previous Pal’s blog. Either way, you’ve come to the right place. You’ll find the the full line-up below to help you move, or “hop” along from Pal to Pal!
Let’s get started by saying “hippity-hoppity-humpday “ to you and I thank you for HOPPING on and see the fun DSP Pattern Party inspiration that i have for you today! I must say…there are many DSP’s from this new Annual Catalog that make me smile….so I thought that I would pick something that might not be as that “instant wow” to you when you have picked up the catalog to see the new offerings!
The DSP that I am using today come from the Best Routes and the Animal Expedition collection! Being that I am a super clean and simple kinda gal…I love prints like these that are “classics” as I find that they will work for many projects that I might make! The other great thing about both of these is…they are both part of Stampin’ Ups! buy 3 get 1 free offering during the month of July!….
You’ve gotta a lot of hopping to do today so let’s get into the beauty and simplicity of todays card! This is a card that I like to refer to as a “formula” What is a formula? Well…..they are your friends as a formula is a “recipe if you will” that you can pull out time and time again…make some changes with the DSP and/or stamp….and POOF – you have whipped up another masterpiece!
Today’s formula fun is using the Friendly Expressions Stamp as well as the framelits as my accent/embellishment from the Stained Glass Thinlit Dies. This stamp set it just the cat’s meow as the fonts and sentiments hit a grand slam…(a true MUST HAVE for your stamp collection!!!)
I am a stamper that loves to share tips and tricks along the way….always! I firmly believe that this is how we learn. There are so many different ways that we can make it easier for us when we sit and create.
I am all about ease and I know that many of you do not use this secret weapon….the Multi Purpose Adhesive Sheets! Another must have product for your stash!
This is a $10.00 investment that you will be thankful that you have! It is a super thin adhesive that you put on your cardstock BEFORE you run your die through “Mr. Big” and then PRESTO….you have adhesive on your detailed die…that all you have to do is remove the backing and once again, POOF – you are a happy stamper!
The biggest misconception I think many stampers have is the fact that they feel like they need to use the whole darn sheet at one time! NO…NOT AT ALL! I simply take a piece of scrap the size I need…peel the top part of the adhesive sheet back and then place the scrap of cardstock on the adhesive!
Next, I like to re-cover the piece of scrap with the sheet that says Sizzix (see below picture) and then trim away just what I need. This step helps to not get your scissors icky!
The other tip is, use the paper piecing tool after you run the shape through (especially with such a delicate die like this) to grab the release paper and again, POOF – you have adhesive ready for you to give it a good and firm press….with no mess!
I know that many of us find it hard to create a masculine card…but this is a card that I am sending to my middle peep James as he just started a new job! We all know what it is like to get something handmade…something unexpected….and hopefully from “dear old Mom” will even make it that much more special to him!
Because this is going to a “guy” I thought that this BEAUTIFUL die would be the perfect accent for some dimension and interest to this clean and simple card. I snapped a quick picture for you to see that it is as easy as this….just eyeball where you want the “peeking out” to be under the sentiment!
How about the FORMULA for you! Yep, this is another tip that I would do today. I would find some “me time” and recreate this card using whatever you have and then write the formula down on your sample. For me, this IS the easiest way to not only get the feel of creating it…but now you have your very own recipe that you can file away just like you do in your kitchen!
Feel free to email me if you have any questions. To me, you simply can’t go wrong with keeping things super clean and simple. They beauty of this type of a design is…IF you choose to fru-fru it up with either some ribbon, sparkle etc…you can easily do that….but if you want it to go out the door like this….you can do that with pride as well!
- Card Base is a regular A-2 (5 1/2″ X 4 1/4″) in Thick Whisper White. (I always use the thick weight for my bases) and then I covered the front with a piece of Basic Gray. I love a card that has “substance and weight to it”
- The white matting rectangle is 5 1/4″ X 4″
- The Strips of DSP are 1 1/4″ X 3 7/8″. To make the adhering these easier and straight…I use green glue to place them as I have time to wiggle them around if needed…..but please, do not stress over being perfectly straight…..just do your best – after all, it is – JUST A CARD!
- The sentiment piece is 4″ X 1/2″ and then the mat is a wee bit bigger at 4 1/8″ X 5/8″
- In the last picture you will see that I popped this piece up as I think we all agree upon this….simple dimension makes a huge difference to our projects!
- The envelope…..I do love my envelopes! I made my very own with the help of the Envelope Punch Board! Not only is it super easy, it is a “statement piece” as there just is something special when you see an envelope that is not just white!
There you go my friends – another fun card that will be the win-win for not only you….but for the recipient as well! That is exactly how I like to make my projects….duplicatable and classic. Have FUN today on the hop and please feel free to leave me a comment on how you like this formula card!
Now it’s time to use the Blog Hop Line-up below to see what the rest of my Pals have chosen as their “favorite”. Don’t forget to show us some love by commenting on our creations.
Mark your calendars for August 8, 2018 when we Cut it Out! Participants will showcase projects featuring “cuts” from punches, Framelits, Edgelits, or Thinlits. . Don’t miss the fun.
- Mary Fish at Stampin’ Pretty
- Su Mohr at Aromas And Art
- Peggy Noe at Pretty Paper Cards
- Karen Hallam at Karen’s Stamping Habit
- Beth McCullough at Stamping Mom
- Jennifer Michalski at Stamping Serenity
- Lori Pinto at LollyPop Paper and Ink
- Terri George at Stamp Me Crafty
- Mary Hanson at Up North Stampin’
- Lisa Ann Bernard at Queen B Creations
- Stesha Bloodhart at Stampin’ Hoot!
- Wendy Klein at Doggone Delightful Stampin’
- Leah O’Brien at Stamping By The Bay
- Nina King at InkPaperSequins
- Jackie Diediker at Stampin’ Jackie
- Rachael at Bluebonnet Stampin
- Lisa Milligan at Stamp Create Share
- Pamela Sadler at Stampin Pink Rose
- Susan Itell at Simple Stampin’
- Denise Hoepfner at The Mountain Magpie
I am so glad that you popped by and I must admit, it feels great to do a Blog Hop again (I was afraid I was going to forget all of the in’s & out’s) but now it is time for me to go hopping and see all of the great ideas out there! This is one thing that is just the BEST in what we do…being inspired by others!
Below is the line up of products that I used for todays card! I am super excited to send it and remember, this “formula” for a card is a true blue keeper…just change the DSP used….perhaps the color and/or sentiments and you are good to go! Have a great day and thanks for “hopping in”!