Good Morning – It is almost the weekend and WOW, I have had a productive week. I have had my head to the grind-stone to accomplish “bunches” that have been over my head and I am happy to say – OUT THE DOOR….and I am looking forward to a great weekend! 🙂
I have made this card before, for John’s Birthday and I had an email about the dimensions….so I thought – let’s change it up….give it a new look and feel and BAM – a fun card and one that I would recommend that you remember for the future. It is a great layout and also a great way to work with scraps!
Here is a run down on the dimensions, I know…I know – they are wonky and I am sure that you can “tweak them” but this worked for me and I never adjusted what I did. This is an example of rolling forward from the birthday card I did several months ago!
The following pictures will show you the progression of the building of the card. This works fantastically with small prints…just look at what you have and say – “GO FOR IT!”
- The card base is an A-2 card in the Vertical Mode, 4 1/4″ X 5 1/4″ in Very Vanilla
- The Mint Macaron is 4 1/8″ X 5 3/8″
- The Very Vanilla Base is 4″ X 5 1/4″
- The measurements of the pieces are ~ (fish – 2 1/2″ X 2 1/4″), ~(Calypso Coral Dots – 1″ X 2 1’4″), ~ (Star Fish – 2″ X 2 1/2″) and (Mint Dots – 1 1/2″ X 2 1/2″)
- The thin Dapper Denim strips are 1/8″ wide – (LOVE OUR TRIMMER) 🙂 ( I use the green glue to adhere these little pieces)
There you go! Step by step…you can see how easy this card is to come together! I love this layout and I just adore “free-hand” cutting a sentiment like this – a trick that I used to do when I was a Creative Memories Consultant when I had a picture that did not have straight lines or (truth be told – when I messed up on cropping it) The best advice I can give you it….just go for it !
I hope that you can let this sentiment HIT YOU…“enjoy you the little thing” as those “little things” make a BIG difference! I love what I do and I hope that I inspire you to reach for the moon, you can do it!
I hope to see you tomorrow….Simple Saturday….WOOT-WOOT!