Happy Tuesday to all…I admit, I am doing the HAPPY DANCE over today’s post but I am a bit sad that the pictures just simply do not do this great idea the justice it sooooooo deserves! Soooooo, I say – trust me on this one as it is SUPER cute…sooooo cute that I am going to make many more up!
I am glad that you all liked yesterday’s post and as I said…this entire week is dedicated to sharing with you fun, practical ideas that even if you do not have the specific product that I am using, no worries as there are always ways to make changes and guess what – it will work!
Here is that super fun Fabulous Foil DSP paper…and today I am using the silver side paired up with Navy – I say WOW….one classic card/gift! All you need to do is pop in the envelope a gift card and you will be the SHINING STAR of the Holidays 🙂
If you do not have the Gift Card Framelit you could easily use the envelope punch board but here is the way that I feel about it….we all know that gift cards are used all year long for a variety of occasions…and trust me, this is a breeze to make – if you are using a regular piece of card stock, all you need is a 1/2 of a sheet. ( but I need to say….you will not regret having this in your stash)…just saying! 🙂
I realize that the Gift Card Framelit is an investment….but then I look at it this way, don’t most things that are a bit more worth it in the long run. I find than when I get something of quality and in this case ~ also practical….each and every time I use it, I am thankful that I made the purchase!
Here are the measurements and tips for you… please CASE away and feel free to email me if you have any questions! – Just like I said yesterday, I would make one of these up and jot down the measurements for the future. Also, remember that you can scroll through my gallery at the top of the Blog Header and that will take you to the posts!
- The Card base is thick Whisper White, 5 1/2″ X 4 1/4″ (a regular A-2 Card)
- The Navy is 5 1/4″ X 4″
- The Acetate is the same size as above, 5 1/4″ X 4″ and then I used the fast fuse in the middle where the envelope would cover it to adhere it together! (this is what is great about this post….you can easily HIDE the adhesive!)
- The Envelope was cut with the Gift Card Envelope & Trims with the Fancy Frost DSP paper (love it!!! ~ the thickness is fabulous and the feel is over the top, plus it is on sale…this is what I am using for a personal Christmas card!)
- I matted it with the Silver Foil Paper, just a smidge larger than the envelope – 4 1/8″ X 2 7/8″ ( to me, a great touch)
- The sentiment was cut out using the Christmas Greetings Thinlits (another classic) and I used the green glue to adhere it!
Tips for you….:
- The adhesives I used were fast fuse and green glue!
- When you mat the envelope to the silver foil – use the fast fuse (just not a wet adhesive) and then add the twine/embellishments to the back….this way the “tails” will be hanging until you tuck in the gift card and then all you have to do it put it in….and tie the bow!
- I did use fun foam to pop it up ( and yep…it does fit in the envelope just fine) – you could easily use stampin’ dimensional….I just like the solid feel of the envelope!
Here is the SMILE picture…..do you agree???? One fun card that acts as a 2 for 1 – tuck the gift card, write a message…and you will be a hit.
Make sure that if you are mailing this to someone far away that in the Holiday Message that you write to “open the envelope” – wouldn’t that be the pits to have them think you just sent them a beautiful card!!! 😆
What is up me sleeve tomorrow….well let me share with you ~ we will switch from gift cards to “check holders” – as I know that there are many of you that enjoy writing checks!
This is a job that I do for my wonderful Dad, he prefers to give a check rather than a gift card and trust me, I have some classics for you!
I hope that you are enjoying this “practical week of posts” – I know that I could be sharing with you a bunch of SNEAK PEEKS from the new catalog…but I say….we are IN THE SEASON and I know that these posts will help you shine for last minute ideas! We will have lots of time for the new catalog and trust me, I will have some “keepers” for you in the very near future!
Please do not forget to check out the deals and end of year clearance….you never know – more items might be added, I check often!