Good Morning and as I shared yesterday – this week is a week that I will showcase with you ideas that are super easy for you to make and even if you do not have the certain stamp sets etc…that I am using, I am sure that there are plenty of stamps that you have in your stash to CASE away!
Before we go any further I have a confession. I used to NOT be a fan of gift cards because I guess….I just felt that they are the easy way out. Now let me back up….first – the season is NOT able gifts…and “one uping” the person that you exchange with – but the reality is…we do share gifts and many times they are gift cards!
I am a big one that for children…give and share something that they want -they are at that “magical” age in their life that making joy means a ton.
There is also a time that it is just “down right easier” to give a gift card, let someone get what they want….One thing that I ask my family/god children etc…that I give a gift card to – I say…“please share with me what you picked for yourself!” To me….it is a win-win for both of us and it is a great way to reconnect and chat!
I love making things pretty and unique…there is no reason that a simple gift card cannot look great…..have fun!
Here are the dimensions on how to make this! Super easy and one that you can use ALL YEAR LONG….we all have gifts that we give throughout the year and this is a great one, especially for a guy!
If I were you….I would jot these dimensions down and add it to one that you make~ this way you will always have it handy!
- The base is 5 1/2 X 4 1/4″
- The Print DSP is 4 1/4″ X 4 1/2″
- The Black Strip is 4 1/4″ X 1 1/4″
- The Garden Green is 4 1/4″ X 3/4″
- The white piece on the back (the part that you can write a message on) is 4″ X 4″ but you could have easily made it larger, I really do not know why I did not make it larger! This is where you can write a message!
Here are some tips:
- I did heat emboss the sentiment with Clear Embossing Powder – make sure to use that Stampin’ Buddy!
- Use Tear – n – tape on the 3 sides to make a pocket for you to slide the tag/gift card in
- For the tag – I just took a piece of 5″ X 2 5/8″ paper and then added a fun DSP 4 7/8″ X 2 1/2″ (you can really make it what you want – just make sure that it is wide enough for the gift card.
- I added the “pull” so the recipient would know…there is more inside the pocket!
- I adhered the pines and linen bow with glue dots – can you say EASY!!!!!
There you go…..sorry that the post seems soooooo rushed but time was against me! We have a FABULOUS time yesterday at the Ravens game! It might have been my first….but it will not be my last – I was in my glory and I adored the fun and spirit that was surrounded by us.
They WON BIG TIME and we had great seats – this was us before the stadium filled up – a great day with my guys! COming home to FOREVER but that was ok – we yacked and yacked…..a great day!
I hope to see you back here tomorrow as I have another gift card idea for you. This is one that I like to use as it is a bit “stepped up” from todays….but I have a hunch that it will make you smile.
I am a believer that when you have a keeper…than KEEP IT!!!!! This is what this WHOLE WEEK OF POSTS IS ABOUT….sharing with you ideas that are practical and fun!