Welcome to the Pals Blog Hop for May 2017. We are thankful you stopped by to take a look at our 2017 Blog Hop monthly themes. This month we are featuring projects that are “stepped up” by using textures or fun techniques. We hope to provide you with lots of ideas and that you enjoy our creations.
You may just be starting the Blog Hop or may have come from the previous link from the Line-up on the Pals Blog Hop listing shown below. The full lineup will help you move along from blog to blog so you may see all the projects.
I am showing products that are “WALKING THE STAMPIN’ UP! PLANK” as we are in our final weeks of grabbing them! Todays card is for my wonderful godson that is graduating from College on Saturday and it was a perfect timing for todays theme of textures …techniques!
I think that we all have struggles with a masculine card…and yesterday I shared in my blog a Tuesday Tip with the “shaving cream” technique. Below you will see the “masterpiece” before I cut it down for the card.
I chose to just use 1 color of a re-inker….Delightful Dijon. Maybe I should have used several colors to make it more interesting…..I was super happy with keeping it super simple.
I hope that you watch the video below and then I hope that you go to the store and buy some shaving cream. Sometimes you can find a travel size!
I did it just like the video with the exception of using a paper plate. I know that there were many comments that it is messy but for me…I found that it really was not that bad. Remember, I am SUPER SIMPLE….so mess and simple are not like Peanut Butter & Jelly!
Here is the stamp set I used….I will hang on to this one. I love the fact that it is a photopolymer but more than that – I adore the uniqueness of it and the sentiments -they are perfect and LOVE the font!
You can see how incredibly simple this layout and card is. Again, simple works (well at least in my camp or should I say, “my world”) and you cannot go wrong with clean and basic cuts….love our Stampin’ Trimmer!
The DSP is from the Urban Underground DSP and I admit….I was LATE getting out of the gate with using it but then…..I saw the light! This is one CLASSIC and FABULOUS DSP offering! (too bad it is sold out) but for those of you that have some….I say – WOOT-WOOT to you!
I just had to add that heart…I know that Leighton is a young man with a bright future ahead but I just had to add that heart to let him know that wherever he is….HE IS IN MY HEART!
I hope that this post made you see that you can take a stamp set and make it work for your needs. This is what is GREAT about what we do – we all see things with different glasses on. I knew that this was coming to Randall Lane because my “peeps” love to travel.
You need to get hoppin’….there is so much talent out there – be a HUGE SPONGE AND SOAK IT UP!
Thanks for visiting. To continue with the hop, please refer to the Blog Hop Line-up below. We hope to see you on next month’s Pals Blog Hop!
- Mary Fish at Stampin’ Pretty
- Beth McCullough at Stamping Mom
- Karen Gooch at Inker’s Workshop
- Nicole Watt at Pixel Maven’s Retreat
- Julie DiMatteo at The Paper Pixie
- Lynn Tague at Beyond Beaches & Blessings
- Pamela Sadler at Stampin Pink Rose
- Peggy Noe at Prettypapercards
- Susan Itell at Simple Stampin
- Jeanie Stark at Just Stampin’
- Stesha Bloodhart at Stampin’ Hoot!
- Debbie Mageed at Secret Stamper
- Jackie Beers at Blue Line Stamping
- Karen Hallam at Karen’s Stampin’ Habit!
- Becky Retzer at Just in Thyme
- Patti MacLeith at Papercrafts by Patti
- Karen Zaring Browning at Stamp With Me KZB
- Jennifer Michalski at Stamping Serenity
- Wendy Klein at Doggone Delightful Stampin’
- Lisa Pretto at InkBig Academy Stamps
- Rae Harper-Burnet at Wild West Paper Arts
- Angela Curry at Kindred Stampers
- Shawn de Oliveira at ShawnStamps.com