Welcome to the June 2017 Pals Blog Hop. Thank you so much for joining us today. This month’s theme, Pick a “B”, features projects inspired by Babies, Birthdays and Brides to name few. You may just get a glimpse of new catalog products while you hop with us today.
Whether you’re just starting the hop, or have come from a previous Pal’s blog, you’ll find the line-up toward the end of my post to help you move along.
YIPPEE-SKIPPEE!!! This is one of my most favorite days of the month….a PALS Blog Hop! Now I know that you have a BUNCH of HOPPING to do so there are 2 things that I want to say….
- Thanks for popping in….
- I hope you come back! 😀
Now let’s get going…..
Today, I decided to do a super fun card that uses a technique that we all love….Emboss Resist….are you saying WHAT?????
It is super easy and super fun but the real fun of this project is the below stamp set….now I ask you – did you skim right past it in the catalog???? (it’s kinda in the back of the stamps….page 161) but let me inspire you as it is a FUN STAMP!
There were 2 things that I did for todays card…
- I sponged a piece of Thick Whisper White with Rich Razzleberry and a wee bit of Berry Burst.
- I stamped the flower image with Versa Mark and then Heat Set it with White Embossing Powder.
The other “must have…no questions asked” product that we all need is the Layered Leaves Dynamic Embossing Folder….isn’t is B E A U T I F U L ??? I am over the moon with it….
This is the 1st that I have blogged about it but I ask you….look above at the envelope flap and see the texture – how fast and easy!
Here comes another NEWBIE….the Lemon Lime Twist 1/4″ Ombre Ribbon….how about the new ribbons in this wonderful new catalog….are they the BEST or what….
I admit, I am usually not a fan of ombre things….but this ribbon is so subtle in the variation of colors that it is a BLUE RIBBON winner in my eyes….(heck, truth be told….I LOVE any of the new products in the Lemon Lime Twist…..just sayin’)
This ribbon is a dream machine to make a bow…if you can tie your shoe – than you can make a great bow with this ribbon
Here is the picture to smile about….it all pulled together! Can you see that taking basic elements and basic techniques can make you go “out of that catalog box” a wee bit and have a FUN and different card!
This truly is soooo simple….basic shapes….fun blending the ink….fun embossing…fun stampin….fun making a simple banner – just ONE FUN CARD!
I know that you have a BUNCH OF HOPPING…..so I say – HOP AWAY but thank you for popping in…..how do you like this card???…we all have many “B’s” throughout the year and I think that you can easily see that the colors that you can use are endless….(heck – try this with several colors on the same card with the blending….)
Thanks again for hopping with the Stampin’ Pretty Pals today. Take a minute to mark your calendar for our next hop on July 12th. We’re having a pattern party! Now hop along using the Blog Hop Line-up below. See you on July 12th for the next Pals Blog Hop!
- Mary Fish at Stampin’ Pretty
- Rae Harper-Burnet at Wild West Paper Arts
- Stesha Bloodhart at Stampin’ Hoot!
- Lynn Tague at Beyond Beaches & Blessings
- Tricia Chuba at ButterDish Designs
- Nicole Watt at Pixel Maven’s Retreat
- Jennifer Michalski at Stamping Serenity
- Julie DiMatteo at The Paper Pixie
- Mary Hanson at Up North Stampin’
- Peggy Noe at Prettypapercards
- Patti MacLeith at Papercrafts by Patti
- Kim Jolley at Stampin’ Artfully
- Jackie Beers at Blue Line Stamping
- Rosanne Mulhern at Heartfelt Stamping
- Karen Hallam at Karen’s Stampin’ Habit!
- Beth McCullough at Stamping Mom
- Lisa Ann Bernard at Queen B Creations
- Jeanie Stark at Just Stampin’
- Amy Hoptay at Craft Carnivore
- Pamela Sadler at Stampin Pink Rose
- Susan Itell at Simple Stampin’
- Wendy Klein at Doggone Delightful Stampin’
- Becky Retzer at Just in Thyme
- Sherrie Gross at Stampin’ Sunshine
- Sara Hicks Stuart at Sentiments by Sara
- Rachael Shedeed at Bluebonnet Stampin’
- Su Mohr at Aromas and Art