Good Morning…as I like to say it, my “joy tank” is on FULL after spending a glorious weekend with John and the peeps. I bet I said 100 times…“wow, look at those leaves….just look at the color…” The weather and the amazing color that Fall brings to us were in its glory and I was a HUGE SPONGE and SOAKED it all up!
Tomorrow is the magical day that I go to the doctors and hopefully Mr. Green Bean will come off my arm. It was funny over the weekend when we sat down for dinner and said a prayer, (we always hold hands as a family) and Will went to take mine and just held onto the “nub” of my thumb and we all laughed!
I am saying that this would be a great “formula card layout” as you could easily mass produce this one and the color combo….the sky is the limit! Today I chose a modern color scheme to really switch it up but you can see easily that you can have some fun!
Here’s the scoop as it is beyond easy and the effect….a big WOW with this fun and simple sentiment of “Oh Joy” which is from the Watercolor Christmas Stamp Set.
You can click here and here to see other posts that I have used this stamp set…..it is a true blue Holiday Catalog Keeper and when it is used in the kit that Stampin’ Up! intended it to be used for….another quick and easy WOW!
Let’s get going on this super simple yet fun card. I admit this card is one of those that was hard to get a great picture of so you are just going to have to “trust me” on this one…it is a keeper and I hope that you try to make it….you’ll be happy!
- The Card base is an A-2 Vertical Card in Thick Whisper White.
- The Color Blocking Colors are Powder Pink, Lemon Lime Twist, Powder Blue, Berry Burst and Garden Green ALL in the measurement of 1″ X 4 1/4″ and then (2) of the gold Foil in 1/4″ X 4 1/4″
- The White piece that the sentiment was stamped and Heat Embossed is 2″ X 3″ (don’t forget to use your Stampin’ Buddy to always have a crisp image when heat embossing) and the Gold Foil Mat is 2 1/8″ X 3 1/8″
- The Gold Mini Sequin Trim was added to the back of the sentiment before I popped it up with dimensionals or a piece of fun foam.
- Envelope FUN: a narrow piece of gold foil (1/4″) was added to the top and then an embossed piece using the Holly Textured Embossing Folder completed the finished look for this fun card!
Darn that camera as the below is a bit wonky but I am sure that you “get it” – It is a keeper and having the envelope super classic and rich…sets the tone for what is inside!
You can see that his card layout would be a minimal expense and also be one that would be great to use up scraps. It comes together like a puzzle but even easier as all you need to do is push them close to each other and POOF – you are done!
Can you think of color combinations that would be fun?I would love to hear your comments below.
I know you might think this sounds crazy but one color scheme that I think would be stunning would be just using white and vanilla in the1″ colors alternating them and keeping the Gold in between like I have done today.I know that sounds rather boring but I think it would be quite stunning!
There you go… a simple card to start your week off… I hope that you found this formula both fun and a concept that you could apply to your own card making endeavors.
Have a great day and I hope to see you on Wednesday…..I think we need some Blog Candy!!! – it’s been a while so please be sure to POP in and see what is up my sleeve (well….I hope this cast is not on my sleeve)….I just love to be the Candy Man to you guys!