This bundle, Smitten Mittens was one that the minute I saw it……I adored it. I can remember thinking… – this touches my heart-strings! To me, there is something “happy” about mittens!
There are (2) things that I always think of when I see a mitten image…..a child – as children always seem to have those super-cute mittens to keep their little “paws” warm and then there is ME – yep, I am a mitten gal if I have a choice as my hands are ALWAYS cold at the barn and having mittens is my “warmth of choice”…
I know, I know….this is one of those stamp sets/bundles that are “walking the stampin’ plank” but trust me, this WILL stay on Randall Lane…..hint-hint – make a mental note of this as we will be having blog candy soon with some “quiz questions” on how well do you know me!!!!
Click on the below banner to view all of the “plank walkers”…. and then you can also click here to see the “plank walkers” that are discount (while supplies last)
Here you go…close up and personal! I ask you….DO YOU LOVE THIS BUNDLE? I say how stinkin’ cute! I also invite you to do a google or pinterest search of the amazing and just sheer FUN ideas that have been out there with this bundle. I was drawn to it because of the versatility of it….perfect for cards, tags, scrapbooking and packaging….a winner!
Let’s get to this simple beauty. It is such a straight forward card that uses minimal products and one that is a fun one to produce for the masses….remember when you make a bunch of the same card, make the journey FUN…break it down into steps. I find when I do this I enjoy the process much more.
Here is an example of breaking it down. Look at the below steps that you can break down for what might work for you. Everyone is different but I find it an enjoyable journey in doing things in steps….Trust me, I am one that always like to stay busy so if I know I need a bunch of bows made up….I do so while watching a movie…..
- Pick the color base that works for you, cut and score it. When I do this…I look ahead and see what DSP Paper I will be using on the envelope to pull the whole look together. (Today I used Real Red)
- Cut the 2″ X 6″ strip of DSP for the back flap of your envelope. Not only is this a great way to use your DSP effectively but it does add that simple and finished touch that does make a difference! Today I used the Quilted Christmas 6 X 6 DSP Stack.
- Go ahead and cut (2) of the inside and out for the card. I always take packs of Thick Whisper White and Very Vanilla to my local Office Store and have bases cut. This makes it so much easier for me when I sit to create. (Today I used Very Vanilla)
- Cut strips of the Gold Foil Sheets into 1/4″ strips. I used that size for the (3) pieces on the front of the card and just varied the length of the piece that I cut on the diagonal.
- Do all of your embossing at once. This saves a bunch of time. I made up 15 of these cards and when I sat down, I stamped and heat embossed all 30 mittens at one time and then I was DONE. I cut them out with Mr. Big another time….I find breaking it down like this just “works” for me and I do not get bored with the repetition.
- I take my Basic Rhinestones and colored them with a Red Sharpie Marker. You can use the Stampin’ Blends but I think that the Cherry Cobbler is too dark so I went with the Red Sharpie.
- Make up your linen thread bows. This is such a delight to have all of the bows ready to adhere with a simple glue dot when you are getting the assembly line going!
The details of this bundle are just designed brilliantly. The little “cuffs” on the mittens as an additional layer adds a detail that really makes a statement. This you could also do in a contrasting color….but I tend to be “plain jane” and go for the look in one color scheme! remember…the name of the game is to HAVE FUN!
Can you see how I took the Linen Thread and adhered it to the mittens to loop them together – this is my perfect anchor to adhere the bow. There is something so FUN about the Linen Thread….definitely a product on your must have list of card making supplies.
It is super card to get a good photo with the Gold Foil Paper. To me, the holidays are a time that I find myself pulling out the foil papers – a little of it here and there adds the perfect about of bling to a clean and classic card. This is another product that is a must have….not that I use it a bunch but 1 pack of it will last you a LONG time as the little splashes of it is what makes it in my eyes!
This would be a wonderful Holiday Thank You card…you could stamp a thank you sentiment in the inside and then in your message write something like….We were “smittened” ….
Well, do you like it? I always adore getting your feedback on a card. I must admit, I was totally surprised that this bundle is being retired. It goes to show you….there is no way to predict – this has been such a popular one in my eyes!
Hoping you are geared up for a great weekend ahead. We are in the decorating mode on Randall Lane and I think that John wants everything DONE…..so when his 4 girls roll down the lane….he can devote his time to his latest project! He even took the day off from work yesterday to do more outside lights? (why????? – NOT SURE as no one drives down our lane)….but it is “his thing” and something that he truly looks forward to each and every year.
Here is a funny….I needed to go and do some Urns with Fresh Greens for a Non Profit yesterday…..I received a text from John saying….“I am with my 3 Elves in the truck and we are going to get another tree…Ho-Ho-Ho”.…What did he do but take the 3 dogs (with their Christmas Scarves on) and go to the Boy Scouts to purchase another tree….when I asked why????? – loved his comment…..how can you say no to a Boy Scout! He does love Christmas!
Have a fabulous day….and I hope that this card has inspired you….a great card to break down and enjoy the journey with. I will be having some upcoming posts on some super practical ideas that you can whip up to make the gift giving a bit more special….remember, it’s all about the presentation….little tips that will make you sparkle!