Good Morning! I am super excited to share with you these adorable sheep (well my sheep are a bit shaky) but the inspiration came from Monday's Challenge to create a 3-D project!
I wish you would have seen my face when these guys POPPED on my screen…they were LARGE and I thought that they were going to jump through the screen! These special guys/gals came from special Mary Ann H. from New Jersey!
This is what came through and I instantly fell in love with a sheep that had a green bow!
Now I ask you….would you fall in love! You will clearly see that Mary Ann's version is sooooo much better than my attempt….but it was fun and I had the BEST LAUGH making these!
I had "Rod Stewarts" with the hair…I had "giraffes" with STILT LEGS…it was just the best laugh I have had this year and I deeply thank Mary Ann for providing me with giggles!
I instantly LOVED them and I was in awe that someone could make these! (Remember my gig is simple cards!) and I instantly responded to Mary Ann if I could find out how to make them! You are in luck as she was soooo darn tootin' kind to share!
Wouldn't these be adorable on someones desk!?!? I think that I am going to make a BUNCH with a treat and have John put them on his employees desks saying…."hang in there" for Tax Season!
Here are a BUNCH of pictures…enjoy! After the parade of pictures, I will share with you Mary Ann's info on how she made them and then I ask you to PLEASE give Mary Ann some love with comments!
I will say that this is a perfect example of why I adore Stampin' Up! – If it was not for my blog, I would have never known Mary Ann. She is not a SUD but she sure should be – this is a perfect example of why I adore hobbiest….they have the passion and the creativity!
Here is the scary part…the Surgery Center! At the end of the post you will see all of the products that I used to make my "sheep friends" – please feel free to email me if you have specific question!
I hope that these made you smile and brighten your day like it did mine! Below see the scoop that Mary Ann was gracious to share! Is she the BEST or what!
I did make a couple of adjustments and I will put them in BOLD….enjoy!
Sheep Candy Box
- 4¼ x 4¼ paper (white)
- score at 1 ¾, 2 ½
- score other side at ¾, turn around and score at ¾ again
- cut up to score mark on small side edges only
- fold and attach strong adhesive to make box
Head and Back:
- use scallop die 4th one from center; cut 2 (white) I USED THE 2 3/8" CIRCLE SCALLOP PUNCH
- large oval (black)
- white – owl punch
- black dot – ¼ circle punch (use white gel pen to mark eyes) I COULDN'T FIND MINE SO I USED THE LITTLE PIECES ON THE CUPCAKE PUNCH
- lid (black) – ½ circle punch, cut in half; attach w/dimensional
- blossom petals punch, small leaf; cut 2 (black) WELL…THIS IS WHERE I REALLY LAUGHED AS I LOOKED AT THIS PUNCH AND COULD NOT SEE "SHEEP EARS" SO I USED THE BUILDER BIRD PUNCH
- blossom petals punch, middle leaf (black); curl with bone folder
- boho blossom punch; cut 3 (white)
- modern label punch; cut 2, then cut in half (black)
- make box
- sponge slate gray around edges of scallop head and back, hair, tail
- attach face to one scallop; attach ears and hair; attach eyes
- attach legs before attaching scallop front and back making sure legs are even when standing upright
- attach front head of sheep; attach a pretty bow
- attach back of sheep; attach tail
- attach face with dimensionals
- make larger box for more candy
Was this great or what – THANK YOU Mary Ann for you willingness to share! I know that there will be many that will enjoy your talent.
I feel so darn lucky to be having so much fun doing and sharing what I love!
The ideas are endless and the friendships too are endless! You can see how much fun this project and today I am going to Skype a special person that is in France…all because of Stampin' Up!
Enjoy the day, let's give Mary Ann some love for her sheep and remember….SHEEP ROCK!
p.s. – I can't wait for Chris R. to get off work and see this post….she is a regular commenter that makes us all laugh!