It's the weekend and you know what that means…part #1 of my (2) day post….today being the "Show and Tell Saturday" where I will provide you a clean, simple and classic card and then tomorrow I will share with you the "stepped up" version! (There usually are not too many major changes, I just like to share with you how you can make some simple "tweaks" to make it different!)
The star stamp set is a NEW Hostess Stamp Set called Floral Wings. Darn, I wish you could see it…(but Tuesday will be here super quick) as it is one beautiful stamp set! It comes complete with 10 photopolymer stamps and the butterfly…well you'll be "fluttering" when you see this beauty!
Let's get going as this is a super sweet card!
- The overall size is a 4" square card in whisper white.
- The NEW In Color of Delightful Dijon (now I realize that many of you are not "keen" on this color…but I think it looks super-de-duper!) The size is a 3 7/8" square and then I scored the sides at 1/8" all the way around with the Simply Scored and I did it so the embossed lines are "up"
- The next piece of whisper white is a 3 1/2" square and this fits perfectly in the Delightful Dijon. In the below pictures you will see the "type A" in me…I stamped the sentiment and then had stamped the vase on a scrap piece of paper to i it out.
- The colors I used are Island Indigo, Rich Razzleberry, Pear Pizzazz and Delightful Dijon. I just love the fact that this stamp set gives you the ability to stamp the stem where and how high you want it…and then the flower is separate as well.
- It is not hard at all to cut the vase out…I personally think that this adds a bunch. I will say that I do like to stamp the underneath as show in the above photos as I like if you see from the side…you can see the vase!
- The bow was a simple piece of bakers twine doubled up and tied into a bow. I used a glue dot to adhere it in place. I use Bakers Twine a bunch, it is always so easy to work with!
- Lastly, the envelope….the wonderful envelope! Making a square one is a cinch with the Envelope Punch Board…when I was making it I thought….I paid under $20.00 for this wonderful tool and when I think of how many times I have used it…I feel like I should be paying Stampin' Up! back!!!
- I used the NEW envelope paper for the outer flap and yes – I did use the "green glue" and it works fine with this paper….(this paper is much thinner)
Well…thoughts my friends? This is just one happy card that can easily be made into all different sizes. I cannot wait for you to see the hostess sets with the new catalog – they are all fun!
If you have friends and family that like Stampin' Up! why don't you contact me and I will give you your own special hostess code so YOU can reap the benefits of being a hostess and get a great stamp set. The best thing is that if you have a friend that lives across the country…that's o..k. – Stampin' Up! ships each order directly to them and YOU get to reap the benefits.
Please feel free to email me if you have any questions about the hostess code etc…..Speaking of Hostess Codes….if you are placing an order from me this month please use the code K3VX2TKD and you will have a chance to win the hostess winnings for all orders placed. The last day is May 31st.
Remember, this is the card that I will send to you as my thank-you….I just ADORE this stamp set and as I have blogged about this before….the punch is being carried over but the stamp set is not…so – if I were you…I would buy it as a bundle as you will save 15% and have this amazing stamp set!
I will be emailing you today and tomorrow for a confirmation for the Product Share requests I have received….please let me know if you are interested in a share as I will order Tuesday morning…PRONTO!
I hope to see you tomorrow – I know you'll love it!