Having a great weekend? I sure am…..here is the stepped up version for this weekend and I can honestly say….I am not sure if it is stepped up or not!?!? It still was super easy, but it it just took a couple of extra steps!
I could not get the "collage" deal to work this week but I think that you will be able to see the main differences…I will bullet point them but I think that it is pretty straight forward!
Below is yesterday's card!
- This card I let the DSP be the fun focal part to the card…I adore this paper and again, this would be a "keeper" paper stack…"just in case" for a great masculine card –
- I also did not use any dimensionals on this card…it is totally flat!
Here is today's "stepped up" version…. (see the below bullet points )
- I changed up the DSP pop….I switched it and let the Always Artichoke be the focal with also running it through the Big Shot with the Stylish Stripes Embossing folder!
- "Behind" the shoes I added a 1/2" piece of Very Vanilla with a 1/4" piece of Always Artichoke to set the "shoes" off!
- I also changed the position of the sentiment….I think that it "set it off" better….but you can easily do it either way!
- You can also see the Stampin' Dimensionals were "key" today – we sure do love our stampin' vitamins!
- I did not touch on this yesterday….but I kept the envelope the same….I chose to use both of the colors on the back flap…I thought it was simple yet masculine….I love doing this as it saves on the DSP that you use!
We are having a FABULOUS weekend…doing everything and nothing all at the same time! We simply do not need to do anything but be together to have a fantastic time!
James made it home safely and brought "Leo", his rescue puppy! (sorry, no pictures of him as he will not stay still long enough to get a good picture) – he is having a BALL playing with our 5 dogs and he came with a TOTE BAG OF TOYS!
Here is another picture of the "OLD MAN" and he had a BLAST yesterday playing away! I think it is sooooo funny that he loves his toys!
Enjoy this day, and I hope that you are being able to celebrate the holiday weekend with family and friends …and if not – go do something FUN for yourself! We all need to rejuvenate from time to time and this weekend for me is a wonderful example of getting my battery re-charged!
I did something that I have not done at all this year! I was able to ride yesterday…..even if I just walked "Oscar" it was a start! He had surgery in February and this is the first week that we can "walk" him with someone on his back.
Hannah has been doing this all week and today was "my turn" as she is leaving this morning for her internship for the summer and she wanted to make sure that "Oscar and I" would be ok together….rehabbing a horse takes A LOT of time and a LOT of PATIENCE!
Until tomorrow….it is a personal challenge time!