Woot-Woot – it is the weekend! Do you have your tree??? Are you decorated yet??? This is such a funny…crazy time of the year and I am always amazed with how we “deal” with it. In the end…it all gets done.
I will say that I think I am like a good wine….”I am better with age” – I am sure that there are many of you that will agree and chuckle about that but that is really how I feel. I used to be soooooo stressed about making everything “just right” – now I like to take it all in and enjoy…simply enjoy!
I have been working super hard this week trying to show and inspire you with posts that YOU can do as gifts made from your own hands will always be remembered and be cherished!
I am doing something that I rarely do, I am using a stamp set that is no longer current (Larger than Life) but the main point of this post is to show/share with you how you can make an amazing and practical gift that surely will be appreciated. I know that you all have many stamps that you can use to make a great gift set on notecards like this!
The star of the show today is the Notecard & Envelopes….these are TOTAL KEEPERS as how in the world can you go wrong with 20 cards and envelopes for just $6.00!
The other great “presenter” for the day is the box that I made! I know that many of you are afraid of making a box…but this is soooooo darn tootin’ easy and with that said……as NIKE says….JUST DO IT! (trust me, you will be super proud of yourself)
As always, please feel free to email me if you have any questions on making this! I hope that you will give it a try and even if you do not have this stamp set, no worries….use whatever you have…..as I know YOU HAVE MANY 🙂
I am going to make some gifts using this concept but I am using the Cottage Greetings…that is a GREAT stamp set to use as the sentiments are perfect for the insides of the cards! If you use that set, I would add a very simple flower die of stamp of flowers to the front~ that would be super cute. Are you all wondering where this DSP for the envelope flaps is from? It is a FREEBIE in the upcoming Sale-a-bration…I think it is super cute and classic!
Did you notice that I made a “boo-boo”? I am honest and I have to say that I did not realize it until I when to adhere them together! (Oh well….I am human and we all make mistakes (speed bumps) and this is for Hannah so she will be “just fine” with it – actually you would probably have not noticed if I did not point it out to you)
If you look at the above and below picture, you will see that I did not cut the paper the correct size that I stamped on – I honestly did not notice until after I have stamped all 20 cards…but it worked….
Here are the dimensions for you…it is soooooo ridiculously easy and then I will give the measurements for the box! The other great thing I love about this simple project is that you can just use (2) pieces of DSP – you will be able to make all of your envelopes plus add a piece to the front of the box!
For the Notecards:
- You will need a pack of the Whisper White Notecards & Envelopes….just $6.00!
- Cut (20) pieces of white card stock to 4 3/4″ X 3 1/4″ – stamp your heart away with whatever tickles your fancy!
- If you wish, using the score board – score on all 4 sides (I like the look)
- Cut (20) pieces of 6″ x 2″ DSP for the back flap of your envelopes and (20) 6″ X 1/4″ for the accent strip to the envelope.
For the Box: ( all 20 fit PERFECTLY in this box)
- 1 sheet of Cardstock cut to 8″ X 11″
- With the 8″ side on the score board, score at 2″ and 6″
- Turn the paper and score at 4 1/2″ and 6 1/2″
- Fold score lines and use your bone folder for a great crease.
- Using your scissors, cut up as shown below to the score line. Cut an angle in the flaps – this makes a perfect finished project.
- You can see that I used tear-n tape…as I thought that you would be able to see it better….you can use this or fast fuse, you need a strong adhesive like these 2 for projects like this!
- The DSP for the front of the box is a piece that is 3 7/8″ X 4 3/8″ and then the ribbon – IT ON CLEARANCE (just $2.80) – so how can you go wrong with being generous in using it to “finish” the project!
I hope that this helps…I admit, it is hard to try to put into words how to do something, I hope that the pictures are of help! Please try this – it is sooooo easy and fun to make!
Whew….this was hard to put into words but I hope that “you got it”!
Again, please feel free to reach out to me if you need help. After I made this I made a list of people that would love it – I actually just ordered more of the notecards as I figured that I could go ahead and stamp the “whatever I want” to the paper and go ahead and do the envelopes….and then when the notecards come in…..adhere the stamped piece on and DONE!!!!
Please let me know how you like this…I adore reading your comments and I know that we all learn from each others feedback! Have a SUPER SATURDAY and please share my Blog of Stampin’ love to your family and friends. If you hit the subscribe button, we will be able to have a daily dose on inspiration …together!