Welcome to the Pals Blog Hop for January 2017. We are thankful you stopped by to take a look at our 2017 Blog Hop monthly themes. This month our projects showcase themes that are “from the heart.” This includes any of the following themes… Valentine’s Day, Thinking of You, Get Well and/or Sympathy. We hope to provide you with lots of ideas and that you enjoy our creations.
You may just be starting the Blog Hop or may have come from the previous link from the Line-up on the Pals Blog Hop listing shown below. The full lineup will help you move along from blog to blog so you may see all the projects.
YIPPEE~ SKIPPEE I am super happy for the 1st Blog Hop if the year for the PALS! This is always a fun day and you can be a leap frog and hop from one amazing blog to another! WOW ~ there is a ton of talent out there and be a sponge and soak it all up!
I was trying to think of a card that would be perfect blank (without a sentiment on the front) so when you need a card for all of the above themes…Valentine’s Day, Thinking of You, Get Well and/or Sympathy you have one ready to rumble and you can stamp the sentiment of your choice in the inside!
You just can’t go wrong with the classic and there is nothing more classic than a “heart” Below you can see that this is one special heart as the amount of detail is spectacular.
Having a card that is blank is super handy to have and I am a big believer that when you make one card….why not make many??? – just POUND THEM OUT and then you will always be prepared!
Here is a tip for you….I just love to share tips! I realize that this is a very detailed thinlit – that’s why it is so darn special but some might be looking at this and thinking “what a pain in the drain this must be to adhere” Well….NO – I feel like you have (2) choices.
- Use a product called Stick It – click here as this is a super thin adhesive that you place your card stock over and then run it through the Big Shot like normal…….and then there is a release paper that is super easy to remove and POOF!!!!! You detailed die is ready for you to adhere.
- The other option is to use good old fashion Green Glue, if you follow my blog…one of my motto’s is….GREEN GLUE to the rescue! 🙂
The pictures above and below will give you an insight of how I added just an extra step to make the finished card look super special (as heck, aren’t all cards that we send out special?”)
Sorry for the “wonky color” of these 2 pictures but I think that you can see how I scored the top and bottom of the card. I thought it needed a little something and this is a trick that I do often and it is very stunning when you hold the card in your hand. I do prefer the Simply Scored Board as I feel I can get a deeper score!
Now we are back to the good color (heck – I thought my eyes were bad) I love pictures like this below when you can see the side angle of the project. This is so classic and crisp in the Whisper White and I always love the additional layers of flowers…..it is the little oomph that take it to that “special level”
If you follow my blog you know that I adore my envelopes! I can honestly say that there is not one card that leaves Randall Lane without some sort of love. Today I carried the theme of the card by scoring a piece of Rose Red card stock that was 3/4″ wide and then below it added the Rose Red Flower Pattern from the Regals DSP Stack! The icing on the cake!
Well…what do you think? I think that it is one classic card that could easily “fit the bill” for each of these themes that we are HOPPING about today! Now you need to GET GOING and click on the next Blog listed below! Have fun and enjoy your day!
Thanks for visiting. To continue with the hop, please refer to the Blog Hop Line-up below. We hope to see you on next month’s Pals Blog Hop!
- Susan Itell at Simple Stampin’
- Peggy Noe at Pretty Paper Cards
- Beth McCullough at Stamping Mom
- Amy Hoptay at Craft Carnivore
- Wendy Klein at Doggone Delightful Stampin’
- Staci Rivera at Clever Bow Tie Designs
- Nancy Gleason at My Stampin Space
- Debbie Crowley at expressively deb…
- Pamela Sadler at Stampin Pink Rose
- Denise Hoepfner at The Mountain Magpie
- Tricia Chuba at ButterDish Designs
- Jennifer Michalski at Stamping Serenity
- Patti MacLeith at Papercrafts by Patti
- Lynn Tague at Beyond Beaches & Blessings
- Karen Hallam at Karen’s Stampin’ Habit!
- Sara Hicks Stuart at Sentiments by Sara
- Lisa Ann Bernard at Queen B Creations
- Katy McGloin at Just Fun Stamping