Good morning and I have a card for you that I hope makes you smile as I just love it. I know that it might seem bold to say that but this is “my kind of card” I love white space and I also love clean and classic DSP patterns so this fits the bill in both ways!
Just think of all of the ENDLESS colors and DSP’s that you can use for this style of card. I am so proud that Stampin’ Up! is so “on top of it” with their clever designs with framelits in this Occasions Catalog.
I am still “kickin’ myself” that it has taken me this long to hop on the wagon to appreciate and have fun with this bundle. Below you will see the video that showcases this product but in a nutshell….having the framelits that cuts out all of the “behind” pieces makes this such a fast, fun and oh so do-able card! (It is like one of those things that look hard but is actually super easy!) 😀
I just cannot say enough how easy and rewarding it is to create such a beauty. I am a HUGE lover of gingham and I knew that the DSP from the Succulent Garden would be PERFECT for this sweet card.
Here is a great tip…to me, this is a card that you could make time and time again using many different papers and guess what – no one will EVER KNOW that you made it over and over! (p.s. ~ that’s what I LOVE about being a card maker, you can make a simple switch and presto – you are good to go)
Now to the other “bright and shining star” of this card, the sentiment. This IS a stamp set that needs to be at your house. WHY???? It is a classic and trust me, it is very hard to find “milestones” like this has.
To me, you get the best of both worlds….a FUN font and then some CLASSIC milestones like you see below…I say as – we all get old – WE NEED THIS SET…this stamp set is the perfect secret weapon for a fast and classic card that would clearly makes someones day!
Don’t you just love the little clouds scattered all over? They are part of the bundle and we all know that they will be used on many cards other than this Hot Air Balloon.
Here is the quick scoop on making this card.
- The Gingham Strip is 1 1/4″ X 5 1/2″
- The white piece is 3 3/4″ X 4 3/4″
- I scored 2 rows on (2) of the sides to add some interest. I do like using the simple scoring tool to scored with, it’s just a personal preference as I feel you get a “deeper score line” rather than using the scoring blade on the trimmer
- I popped up 2 of the clouds with wee bits of the edges of the dimensions to add some interest.
- The In Color Enamel Shapes are the perfect accent to make a POP STATEMENT.
- Taking white bakers twine and doubling it up and making a simple bow gives the balloon that extra touch. Use a glue dot for easy placement.
- The sentiment was super easy to stamp as it is a photopolymer…ink…look thru…STAMP!
- For the envelope, I used a 1/2″ strip of Sweet Sugarplum and then added the gingham. To the card stock I simply took a white gel pen and added dots…another fun POP for the card.
There you go! I hope that this posts shows you how amazingly versatile this bundle is. The ideas are endless and the projects that you will make for years are endless. This is one of those, that will not leave Randall Lane. I am just nuts over the detail of this die!
The hour glass has turned for the end of Sale-A-Bration…..remember it ends March 31st! This bundle will get you soooooo close to that $50 mark – throw some adhesives in and PRESTO – you have met the threshold to get a FREEBIE and we all know that we all LOVE FREEBIES!
Thanks for popping in and I hope that I have “lifted” your spirits up today and have given you some inspiration that will let you see how FUN this product is. I just love it when Stampin’ Up! comes out with a product that will work for all ages…and also, for many different occasions – just change up the sentiment!
Now go HIT THAT PAW PRINT….remember to check out my generous incentive offerings with my Paw Print Rewards. Also, for an order of $75 + this month, I will send you a white craft ink pad….enjoy the day – see you in the a.m.