Good Morning and here is to a new week! YIKES….I have been here…there…and everywhere over the past 5 days and it has been great but I am in the “caveman ages” in getting in the groove! I have a classic “funny” for you at the end of the post…never a dull moment on Randall Lane!
I came home last night from being away and felt like a dog chasing its tail in trying to be productive in typing up a post for you that I simply said….tomorrow is a new day and sat with John and the pups as watched the Carol Burnett’s 50th Anniversary Show…..it was fabulous – did anyone else see it???…..Why can’t they make good old FUN shows like that! It was just the perfect evening!
I have a sneak peek for you today! I was excited that there are a couple of fantastic new Birthday Stamp Sets that are coming out in January with the Occasions Catalog and here is one for you today!
This is a photopolymer stamp…I am SUPER happy with that and the price point…just $17.00 and I am also SUPER happy with that! The thing that drew me to knowing that this would have a home on Randall Lane was the simplicity of it. When I see a stamp set that has great sentiments with a FUN FONT and also basic pieces that can build upon each other….I say SOLD!
My peeps sweetie’s Birthday was last week and I wanted a sweet card to make her sweet face smile! MISSION ACCOMPLISHED with this keeper of a card! Is this EASY or WHAT! Just think of the color combinations you could use….and YES – a great solution for those hard to make masculine cards!!!! YIPPEE-SKIPEE!
You really do not need me on this one but I know you like it when I share the dimensions. You will find the colors that I used at the end of the post but here is the quick run down of the dimensions.
- Base 4 1/4″ square in Thick Whisper White
- Powder Pink layer is 4″
- Bermuda Bay layer is 3 7/8″
- Whisper White layer is 3 3/4″ and scored on all 4 sides!
To pick the colors I just looked what was on my work area….then threw in a couple of more POPS and PRESTO….a fun card! To me, candles are like balloon and polka dots – they make me happy and smile! 🙂
To make the little “wick”, I simply took a black marker…super simple! I just adore the look of the scored line….again, a simple technique that literally takes seconds to do. I will say, I do like using the Simply Scored Board over the trimmer when doing these line as I feel they get a better and deeper score.
Here is the other reason that I like this stamp set….the sentiments are not only perfect and appropriate for the fronts of cards….but a blue ribbon winner for the insides as well!
Again, simple yet still fun and festive. I think that the whole color scheme that I chose for the card just screams a fun day. (I honestly think I am trying to forget that it is getting cold outside) 🙁
Well…there you go….a SIMPLE CARD that would be perfect for making someone smile on their special day! I know that it sure did make Ashleigh smile and trust me….that is a beautiful smile!
I think I am in total denial with the retired list that was unveiled on December 1st. I honestly did not even print it off until last night (when I was chasing my tail) and it mad me sad ….another reason that I said….tomorrow is a new day! We all know it happens each and every year. It is the way that it is and an opportunity to take advantage of some great deals. CLICK HERE to see if there are any keepers for you.
In closing, here is a funny for you. We all know that my dear John is a keeper, truly a keeper…..well – when I was away and what did he do? Well….where do I begin….this is what happens when you leave your husband home for 4 days!
- He bought 2 more cases of white lights…..has stapled lights all down the fence and it looks like a landing strip as I drove in the lane
- He put these wreaths on every window of the house…and they are ones that I really do not like but I admit, they look nice
- He went and picked a tree….(he is soooo picky about his tree) as he loves Christmas…. that James, Ashleigh and him went and cut down the perfect tree!!!!
- He text me and asked what my password is for Amazon…..after I told him and then said why? He bought a nativity scene for the yard, I told you that he LOVES Christmas and also LOVES to decorate (which – I know….I am very GRATEFUL FOR) but I said – really….who in the world is ever going to see it?…..I loved his response…well the deer…the horses….the donkey…maybe the pig…and ME!
- Here is the best….he texted me again and said….oh honey, we are getting 4 Alpacas on Monday!
You just have to love him! Never a dull moment….they are not here yet…and I really do not know if they are coming but he also said….don’t worry – you do not need to go get them…..they are being delivered! What can I say to that?????
YIKES….Calgon, take me away…..never dull around here – see what happens when the peeps leave the nest!!!! Have a GREAT DAY!!!!