Hello and Happy Friday!
I wanted to pop on and share with you
some of the things
that I am going to miss…..
maybe a bit surprised with….
and also share with you what has already sold out thus far…
and…..how about some BLOG CANDY!
You might have been wondering….what the heck has Susan been up to?
Well…I did a big project for my team that went in the mail to them today…I will share that with you next Wednesday….as I want them to receive “Happy Mail” and be surprised and the big reason…TAX SEASON is over (whew….this was a rough one for John this year) and he has taken some well deserved time off and we have just been enjoying the slower pace!
You see….I am like you….I love to craft and I get surprised just as you do when the retired list comes out. I have YET to pull off the shelf the stamps that are being retired but hopefully I will do so over the weekend. The other day, several of my team friends were texting with how many stamps they had….and I thought – wonder how many do I have?
SO….how about some BLOG CANDY?
Leave me a comment with a guess of how many stamp sets I have that are retiring from the Annual Catalog! This will be fun and I guess a bit scary at the same time..but reality is…we have some newbies around the corner!
I heard their numbers and it will be interesting to see if I am in the same ballpark! If there are multiple that guess the correct number, I will use random.org. WHAT IS THE CANDY?...The winner will get 1st pick of a stamp or bundle of her choice from the ones that are retiring that I will be selling starting June 1st.
Once I pull the ones that are leaving off the shelf…I can go through and spot the ones that will NEVER leave Randall Lane…and then the rest…I will add to the Vault of retired goodies and sell them to a loving crafter that will give them a very good home!
Now to some scoop…I talked with Demonstrator Support as in the past they always updated the list and then we could easily send it to YOU via our blogs. I was told that this year they will not be doing it in that fashion so I will do my best to update it for you to see. Below you will see as of this morning what has been sold out.
As a Demonstrator, I also can see that there are many…..many items that are already on the low inventory and then you know what that means….
THEY WILL HAVE WALKED OFF THAT PLANK and BE GONE FOREVER!
I wish that I would be able to take a screen shot for you the items that are on the “low status” but it is not in a convenient format like you see below! I guess that you can say the moral of the story is…not to wait of there is something that you really have wanted and/or something that you enjoy using and it is leaving the Stampin’ Up! line.
This time of the year is very bittersweet for all of us as it saddens us to see some favorites leave but at the same time we get super excited with what will be blooming in the New Catalog! Trust me, “I get it” as I feel the exact same way.
One thing that I truly hope that you embrace is… just because it is retiring….it doesn’t mean that it needs to leave your craft room and also that you should not like it because Stampin’ Up! has put it on a retired list. Please do not look at in this way. I am sure that it is super hard for Stampin’ Up! to figure what stays….what goes!
These are the things that I am surprised about and yep, I love them….no particular order…just flippin’ through and looking at the BIG X’s over them! I am sure that there are many that I have missed…at the end of the post you will find all of the links to them in the product lineup!
- Fast Fuse – that
isWAS the BEST and STRONGEST adhesive we have had in a convenient format. (application) I think that many had a hard time using it…and found it to be more of a pain that a pleasure! I am sad and I was hoping that SU was coming out with an alternative for that…but nope! Personally I am not a snail lover but I know many of you love it….the Fast Fuse and refills are already sold out.
- The Stamp-A-Ma-Jig – (page 217)YEP….I am really surprised on this one as I think that it is a tool that EVERY CRAFTER needs. (pg. 217) You know how I feel about tools…..TOOLS ARE WHAT MAKE THE PROCESS OF CREATING FUN and REWARDING! True, we all know that the Stamparatus is a dream addition (LOVE IT) but there IS a time and place for the Stamp-a-ma-jig…..
- Bakers Twine – (page 199)You all know how I feel about Bakers Twine (page 199)…I LOVE IT as it is not only super easy to use…it is a product that is so inexpensive and delivers a great end result! I would not worry one bit if the Bakers Twines that are being retired are a retiring InColor….this simple twine always seems to be a great mix-in with many colors!
- Basic Black Metallic Thread – (page 198) This pick might surprise you as honestly I do not use it a bunch…BUT….any of the threads come in handy for making a simple enhancement to a card. You know how we look at something and say…what could I add to give it some simple pizzazz? YEP, wrapping thread around your hand and then slapping it down….works every time!
- Lovely Words Framelits -(page 214) You also know how I feel about sentiment words…I adore them as they add a simple yet effective touch! I have used these framelits just for the sentiment words. A quick snip and presto!
- White Perfect Accents – (page 196) – Another simple accent that makes a statement to add a bit of bling and after all…white goes with anything!
- Petal Passion Memories and More Card Pack – (page 24 Occasions) I know that most of my customers are not Memories and More kinda people BUT…..the Card Packs are a very useful and oh so simple addition to enhance a stamp set! I know that the Petal Palette Bundle was SOOOOOO popular with the Occasions catalog and YIPPEE….it IS being carried over BUT NOT AS A BUNDLE. I hope by now you all have gotten in the swing that they are only at that bundled price for the longevity of that particular catalog. So if you do not have this bundle and have been eyeing it up…I would hop on it as face it, every bit of savings helps!
- Woven Ribbon In Colors (page 198) – I am not surprised that this ribbon is discontinued as they always seems to change up the ribbons with the new colors but I will say, this particular ribbon is beautiful to work with!
- Whisper White 1/4″ Organza Ribbon (page 23 Occasions) – Now this is one ribbon that I AM SURPRISED about – this is simply the best and YEP, I have stocked up on it as how much more classic is a simple white ribbon??? This is a dream to work with and it is my FREEBIE with orders of $75 this month. If you are remotely bow challenged…this IS your kinda ribbon!
Well….thoughts? What is your biggest surprise that is leaving? It is funny that we all see things differently as to what we will miss etc….Please do not forget to leave me a comment with how many stamps I personally have on my shelf from the ANNUAL CATALOG that is being retired! I admit, it is a bittersweet time when you see them come off the shelf!
Have a FABULOUS weekend….we sure plan to! Today is actually John’s Birthday so I guess that is a gift he gets each year after Tax Season! We are having a dinner together with James, Ashleigh and my Dad at the BEST RESTAURANT around us….15002 Randall Lane…..YEP, we are all foodies, we all love to cook and having a yummy dinner at home is always sure to please and as the saying goes….there is no place like home!
I am sure many of you join me with the sad news of this week, the passing of an AMAZING women, Barbara Bush. WOW…what a lady! I adore this picture….it is in the current issue of Town and Country Magazine…4 generation! She truly was an inspiration to us all and what a love story…married for 73 years!
I think that it is fair to say…Pearls are and will always be a classic and I will say Mrs. Bush wore them proudly! I adore the bill boards that have gone up over the country for this special lady!
SO much to be thankful for…have a super weekend and I will see you on Monday! Don’t forget to leave a guess on the stamps and I will announce the winner on Monday!