Hello and HHD (Happy Hump Day)…Happy August…Happy everything!!!
Before we get going on some inspiration for you with a super clean and simple card….I think that the below graphic sums up how I feel inside. (well…that might be stretching it a wee bit as actually I feel like I am chasing my tail with all that I need to get ON TOP OF) but we are back and it was the time of my life over the past weeks….
Pop back tomorrow and I will share with you some “bullet points” of the what’s been happening with the Itell family lately…some will make you laugh out loud….some will make you smile….some will make you think – it could only happen to Susan….and then….of course we need a bit of candy….so I hope you will pop back for some highlights of our time away!
I have yet to go thru all of the emails that have piled up (we all know how that can happen too darn fast) but my goal….is to be all caught up by the weekend.
Let’s DIVE IN and I have a cutie for you today! My niece is getting married on Saturday and here is the card that I made for the happy couple. It’s actually a bit hard for me to make wedding cards as this is something that I do not make often but I admit, I was super happy with the end result.
It certainly is a “Susan Card”…isn’t it – very clean lines, very simple and yep…it’s a square card and that always make me smile. I will have the “recipe” for you below – it is a keeper layout that is a super way to use up you paper!
I am working from the Annual Catalog today and truth be told….I think that darn annual catalog doesn’t get the “limelight” that it so deserves. We all get soooo darn excited for the annual catalog to come out and then what happens….YEP – the next catalog comes out in 3 months (the Holiday)….and then in 4 months another catalog comes out (Sale-a-bration and the Occasions)…right back to the next year! Poor Annual Catalog!!!
This stamp set, Dandelion Wishes was coming to Randall Lane the minute I saw it….WHY???? Easy-peasy as I do not know about you but….blowing dandelions was a part of my childhood that I remember. I remember asking my Mom why didn’t we have those beautiful flowers that I loves to blow into the wind in our yard.
The other thing that I instantly loved about this stamp set was the sentiments and the font. You know that I am a BIG believer that sentiments have to “speak to me” if I am going to hit that button to purchase it and yep,this does.
I just love the feeling of using up scraps and products that I have on hand….how about you? I am sure you do as well as it gives us that instant gratification that we are using it up! Many of you think that creating a card like this might be a challenge but actually it is super simple.
You also know how I love to organize what we have. Tomorrow I will share with you (along with some blog candy and some vacation highlights) that will show you how you can conveniently store strips of paper so when you go to sit and create – PRESTO….they are all super clean and ready to use!
As I already share, the over all size of this card is a 4 1/4″ square (my favorite) and the technique that I used was heat embossing the main images from the stamp set. Here is the “recipe” for you and then you will agree with me…it IS super easy to make. At the end of the post you will see the entire list and links for products I used.
As I always say, it is all about having the basics as when you have the basics you can do just about anything. Why in the world do we stress ourselves out by always feeling we need to recreate the wheel. This IS a layout that you could use over and over with different color combinations, a different size of a card and different stamps…and PRESTO – you will smile as much then as you did when you made it the 1st time!
- The over all size of the card is a 4 1/4″ Card in Thick White Card Stock
- Take another piece of scrap paper that is say…..around a 4 1/4 ” square and adhere a piece of Multipurpose Sheet over top of it and then pull back the sheet to expose the adhesive part. Place the 1/2″ strips of paper over top of it. Now you can see how stinkin’ easy this is and how there is no mess!!! If you do not have the Multipurpose Sheets, (I’m sorry but I would hit that button and buy them as they come in handy) you can use either green glue or tear and tape.
- Take the beautiful and colorful piece to your trimmer and cut this to a 4″ square (see how easy – by doing it this way…you eliminate the need to be so precise)
- Use the embossing buddy to make sure the stripe surface is completely free of dust and fingerprints…now it is time to heat emboss! (get ready to smile for the magic). Use the Versamark Pad to stamp the image onto the fun piece and then sprinkle embossing powder over and heat set. Magic every time.
- Mat the embossed piece to a 4 1/8″ square of Gray Granite – this makes a big difference seeing the “peek of gray” behind when you hold it in your handy….remember, it is these simple finishing touches that make a difference to our end projects!
- Take a piece of scraps (this was 1 3/8″ wide to stamp the sentiment on and heat set it) Depending on the width of the sentiment this dimension might vary but I think that the white embossing powder makes a classic statement.
- Simple Susan stitching with a white gel pen does the finishing touches that I was going for……also….do it for the envelope as well!
- Pop up this piece onto your card base and you are in home stretch!
- Make a custom envelope with the envelope punch board. Not only is it easy, but it makes the whole project come together!
Now for the parade of pictures that I have for you. I know that you all love pictures so please enjoy and also please feel free to leave me a comment and I will get back on track in answering your questions! As I always say when I share a card with the dimensions or also call it a “formula type card” …I encourage you to go to your work area and make one.
WHY???? Easy – by doing this while it is fresh in your creative head it will help you understand the process. I am a visual learner and then I need to try it myself. I would write down notes on your “trial run card” and also write the blog date of this post so in the future you can easily find it!
There you go…..a great card that is super easy to do! I do love this color combo together….Bermuda Bay, Pool Party, Granite Gray and Flirty Flamingo…fun yet classic! I do hope that you will try it out!
I am sure that you all know what is this month at Stampin’ Up!…..well….many things – but the one that I admit that I love now and then even like it better next month is the Bonus Dollars Days…..for every $50.00 you spend, you will receive a $5.00 coupon to use next month…(YIPPEE as the Holiday Catalog will be live) but remember to keep the email that Stampin’ Up! will send to you….with a code for next month.
I would have no way of doing a “search and rescue” for you and I do not want you to loose that discount. What I do is – the minute I get the email I print it off and then I also write it in my calendar in case I misplace the copy.
Gotta run…..I will pop on tomorrow with some highlights of our time away and also some blog candy for someone! It feels great to blog to you…it has taken me a LONG TIME to type this but I hope that it inspired you and made you smile!!!