Hello and Happy Thursday! I have a super sweet card for you today and I knew the minute I saw this bundle….I needed it! I bet by now you can guess why?
- Super cute and unique for Stampin’ Up!, especially since there are matching framelits that will cut out the intricate shape of the flower clusters
- I enjoy coloring and this is a fun one to add color to…
- The sentiments – BINGO!!!….love them as they are super bold and just plain FUN!!!
- The overall design of this bundle lends itself to a quick Clean and Simple Card….right up my SIMPLE alley!!!
I think that you can clearly see that this card is a “keeper” one and also one that is super easy to mass produce! When I made this card….I made 15 of them as I knew it would be a perfect one to reach for when you need a card quick!
I will break down some of the simple elements that I did for the card and I hope that you can see that is is an easy one with a big bunch! I know that I say this over and over but here you go again…
The basics will never let you down – and this card screams the basics!
At the end of the post you will see the line up of basics that I used to make this care come to life…it all comes down to a great stamp set….and the basics to make the card making process one that brings you joy and to me even just as importantly….bring you a feeling of self accomplishment!
I have shared that I have become very selective with the stamps/bundles I purchase as I really need to look at them and determine if it will be a good investment. I am sure that you will smile with this statement….
It’s super easy to buy stamps…but that darn time thing always happens…so be selective!
I also use a Scan n Cut and love it….so I am even pickier when it comes to purchasing framelits/dies……but this bundle is an example that I would purchase it as a bundle and it would be super hard for the Scan n Cut to cut out these floral images. I am getting pretty good at seeing which will work and which would not work.
Take a peek below and just gander at these AMAZING card that the home office took (page 131)….aren’t they just beautiful! Here you can clearly see the fact that they used not only the stamping as a back drop on the card bases but then they also cut out the images and popped them up using the diecuts!
I totally plan to CASE these gems…and I also encourage you to always look at the samples in the catalog….there are some AMAZING samples! I particularly love the yellow one (to the left)
Let’s chat about the Blends…..these are the easiest way to color this image and I used very few markers. Please do not think that you need to have a “high degree in blending” to make these “do their thing” – remember…
We do all of this to have FUN…not to be stressed
Using an alcohol marker is the quickest way to have coloring fun!
Even though I did not use the matching framelits for this card…you can easily see that the basics made this card happen! Here are some tips for you that might help you on seeing how it came together!
- I used the Subtles Embossing Folder of the Gray Granite Cardstock. To me, this color is one of my most used Neutral (besides white of course) that I go to…if you have not tried this great color…I encourage you to do so….it is great with a POP of color and works well with many color schemes!
- When I used the Subtles Embossing Folder…I ran it through twice on both directions – this really makes the paper look interesting.
- Keep the focal part super clean and simple….let that part shine to make the impact – a quick mat behind makes the POP happen!
- It is super hard to tell in the pictures….but in the centers of the flowers I added a swipe of Wink of Stella to them – this simple addition makes a HUGE difference….I highly encourage you to always have one of them on hand, especially with the holidays coming!
There you go…some simple whys from me to share with you how a card like this makes my heart pitter patter! I do hope that you will give this sweet and practical bundle a look! On the inside of the card I stamped the sentiment of “thank you from the bottom of my heart” – also from the same bundle and added a sweet little purple heart from a punch!
Again, simple little touches that add a big impact…
and really – it does not take much time at all!
You know me…I love to try all types of different techniques on cards….sometimes it is fun to do something more time consuming and a bit out of the box….but when it comes down to it – there is nothing like a great clean and simple card!
Tomorrow, Friday I will be sending out the email confirmations to all of those that have already put in a request for a product share! That calendar will be rolling around fast but if you have not already reserved a share…..no worries – you still have plenty of time to get one!
CLICK HERE to see the POST on the HOLIDAY PRODUCT SHARE
Enjoy the day…..it is super hot here in Maryland….and we lost internet, tv and phones since Saturday…..our internet came back yesterday,,,,but still no phones – I am kinda liking the peace and quiet!