Here you go…the same delicious cupcake with just a little extra products to make the interest and feel of the card a bit different! Cupcakes sure are a “smile factor” as you just can’t help but smile when you see one!
Emerson and I had a great breakfast together and she adored her card…feel free to leave me a comment and I will pick one person that guesses which card I gave to my 18 year old sweet god daughter! (I will actually send the lucky winner the other card because naturally I gave Emerson hers with her giftie!!!!)
The changes I made today were:
- I added the white doilie (now this is something I rarely do and I admit, I kinda liked it)
- Added Wink of Stella shimmer to the icing (hard to see in the pictures but a great touch)
- Added sequins, just a couple to make it sparkle (again, something I rarely do)
As I said yesterday in my post, sometimes I think that we get a bit nervous when we see a “layered stamping” set. I know that I felt that way as I thought YIKES, THAT LOOKS HARD….but the real truth is – it is NOT….especially when the stamps are marked with a (1), (2), & (3)….this way you can not mess up…just have fun!
There are 24 stamps in this stamp set and naturally you can see that the sentiments are very practical for many fun cards! I know that today I did not use the sentiment framelit words, but you know I am a total “must have them” when I see a word framelit. In this bundle you get the words “wish” and “sweet”!
Before I get to the measurements today, I wanted to give you the color combination I used for the icing and the wrapper. Again, super easy to do because the stamps are labeled with the numbers:
For the icing I used and stamped in this order: (also, this bundle is great to use up scraps). You can see that I went for 3,2,1 and the colors were going from the lightest to the darkest – have FUN using different color combinations!
Stamp #3 ~ Pink Pirouette, Stamp #2 ~ Blushing Bride and then Stamp #1 ~ Flirty Flamingo
For the Wrapper:
Stamp #3~ Sahara Sand, Stamp #2 – Crumb Cake and then Stamp #1 ~ Tip Top Taupe
I say, one adorable and fun card! Here are the dimensions that I used for this card. They are the same from yesterday and I hope that you can see that you can have a blast customizing your own cupcakes in your craft bakery! Have FUN!
- The card base is a 4 1/4″ Square in Thick Whisper White
- The Flirty Flamingo Layer is a 4″ square.
- The Sahara Sand layer is 3 3/4″ and embossed with the super fun Polka Dot Folder.
- The Pink Pirouette Dot paper is a 3″ square and then matted in the Flamingo just a smidge larger, 3 1/8″.
- Scraps were used to create the cup cake and the sentiment. I used the new Classic Label Punch for the sentiment ~ a very handy punch to have in your stash! 🙂
- The custom envelope was made with the envelope punch board and remember, here are the measurement for this size of envelope….they are NOT on the punch board so I would jot them down for a 4 1/4″ card and tape your “cheat sheet” to the bottom. The size is a 7 1/8″ piece of paper and then punch and score ar 3 5/8″ 🙂
One more look at this fun card…pink always seems to be a hit but if you google this bundle and also go to Pinterest, you will see soooooo many great ideas used with this bundle. A timeless bundle to make birthdays special!
Below you will see the supplies that I used for this card! Remember to leave me a comment and let me know how you liked this 2 day post and also guess which card I gave to dear sweet Emerson…I will pick one person that guessed it correctly and send you the card that I have left! Heck, I do not think that you could go wrong with either one!
Have a fabulous day, go make some memories! Hannah gave me a riding lesson on Oscar yesterday and it was super fun. She actually gave me very positive comments so I guess I have been doing a good job with her horse! We are going to go ride again today and then have a “spare rib feast” – a special request from the peeps! We love to grill!