Welcome to the Pals Blog Hop for September 2016. We are thankful you stopped by to take a look at our new 2016 Blog Hop monthly themes. This month our projects represent our favorite year end Season. It may be Autumn, Winter, Halloween, Thanksgiving or Christmas (and maybe even a combination!) We hope to provide you with lots of ideas and that you enjoy our creations.
You may just be starting the Blog Hop or may have come from the previous link from the Line-up on the Pals Blog Hop listing shown below. The full lineup will help you move along from blog to blog so you may see all the projects.
I love this topic for our hop today BUT….it was hard to pick what is my favorite! I decided to go with Fall as HANDS DOWN this is my favorite season of the year! I adore seeing the colors that nature gives us…I adore the crisp and cool nights….I adore apples and soft and chewy Ginger Cookies….and I love having “good hair days” with the absence of the East Coast humidity!
The stamp set I used is Basket of Wishes Photopolymer and I admit, I totally overlooked it in the catalog until a customer ordered it with her PAW PRINTS rewards and when I saw it – WOW….this is a great set! (you see – YOU ALL ENABLE me as well!) 🙂
The star of the show today is the Aqua Painter! I will be honest with you….I stamped this image (4) times on scraps pieces of Thick White Cardstock because I thought I might need “trial runs” – BUT…I did this on the 1st take!
The Aqua Painter is a super tool that “just does it”…and the best advice I can give you is….go for it! Look at the colors of ink that you have and just go to town! I have listed at the end the colors that I used and true it looks like a bunch but I just use a little here and a little there!
Here is a closer look…and you can see where the “sketchy” lines are…I use a darker color…I am not sure if that it what I am to do – but I do! This is the thing that I LOVE about card making….no rules – just have FUN!
The card is a 4 1/4″ square and then I added the Always Artichoke Polka Dots Paper from the Regals Stack….and it is funny – I never used this color in my water-coloring – a point that I want to make it just have fun and mix up colors to what you like! (I knew that if I used the Always Artichoke in the water-coloring, it would be too dark)
If you are new to my blog, welcome…..but one thing that my daily subscribers know…I love my envelopes! Today I made a fun color envelope with the In Color Envelope Paper and the Envelope Punch Board.
Here is a tip…the measurements for a 4 1/4″ Square Card are not on the punch board but here you go! I have a sticky note on the bottom of my Punch Board so I do not forget!
- A 7 1/4″ Square
- Punch, score and rotate at 3 5/8″
- PRESTO — a perfect envelope!
Here is a visual, 411 – Directory Assistance photo for you to PIN away for the future! I did use the sentiment of “Giving Thanks for the Blessing of You” in the inside of the card – to me the perfect finishing tough that will surely make someone smile!
Thanks for visiting. To continue with the hop, please refer to the Blog Hop Line-up below. We hope to see you on next month’s Pals Blog Hop!
- Mary Fish at Stampin’ Pretty
- Kim Jolley at Stampin’ Artfully
- Tricia Chuba at ButterDish Designs
- Susan Itell at Simple Stampin
- Becky Volpp at Inkblossomwithbecky
- Lisa Ann Bernard at Queen B Creations
- Sherrie Gross at Stampin’ Sunshine
- Wendy Klein at Doggone Delightful Stampin’
- Jennifer Michalski at Stamping Serenity
- Karen Zaring Browning at Stamp With Me KZB
- Pamela Sadler at Stampin Pink Rose
- Staci Rivera at Clever Bow Tie Designs
- Jackie Diediker at Stampin’ Jackie
- Lynn Tague at Beyond Beaches & Blessings
- Beth McCullough at Stamping Mom
- Katy McGloin at Just Fun Stamping
- Amy Hoptay at Craft Carnivore
- Karen Hallam at Karen’s Stampin’ Habit!
- Peggy Noe at Pretty Paper Cards
- Debbie Mageed at Secret Stamper
- Mary Hanson at Up North Stampin’
- Jane Knudsen at see jane stamp
- Patti MacLeith at Papercrafts by Patti
- Jeanie Stark at Just Stampin’
- Sue Becker at www.RnRStamping.com
- Pam Dotts at Clearly Southern Stampin’
- Rae Harper-Burnet at Wild West Paper Arts