I am doing the Wednesday “Hump Day Dance” as this is a card right up my alley! Let’s say S I M P L E all at the same time and then you will see that the 2 things that I always say to you that are true…..
- Use the basics ~ trimmer, big shot, stitched framelits, layering framelits etc…
- Keep it simple – use “shapes” to make a super quick and clean and simple card! I call a card like this a “formula” – a way to use it over and over and the best thing, you will never get tired of it and you will always be able to change it up with different papers and stamps!
To start a great card comes a great stamp set (sounds basic and safe….right???)…and below you will see that I have you covered with this one! (remember, go with the sentiment stamp sets) – you will always smile as you ALWAYS can add accents to make it fun!
Look below to see the points I made – the basics! The framelits are the best but let’s chat about the Bakers Twine! It is the perfect addition to this card. I did run the twine through the bees wax tip (that I have given you before)….and yep – it gives it the “attitude” it needs! It always makes a perfect bow….every time!
Because I used the largest stitched circle and therefore I could not “mat” it with one larger, I just took (2) regular circle and had them “peek” out – just enough to add a touch of color and a natural POP of color happen!
I know sometimes I get asked, “How do you add that Bakers Twine to the back and do the loops”? – Easy answer – just put an adhesive (I like using Fast Fuse) and then JUST DO IT and do not over think it – it is when you start to overthink it for perfection….that it becoame stressful (sound familiar to anyone?????)
For the bow, I just took 3 strands of twine and tied a super basic bow and placed a glue dot…and PRESTO – pushed it on and into place!
I ask you….would YOU love to receive this? I know that after a long day or heck any day…..if I opened my mailbox and saw a classic card with such a great sentiment on it….I would beam! Sometimes we forget how incredibly special it is to just take the time and write to someone.
This would be one of those cards that I would make up in the masses and also use that DSP that I know that you are hoarding….You can accomplish 3 things in a jif!
- YOU will be happy because not only did you have some “me time” but YOU have “created” and when we use that inner creativity that we all have, it feels good!
- YOU will make someones day….a sentiment like this goes a LONG way with so many messages that we would want to convey.
- YOU are using up all of that paper that I know you have that you just sit and admire. I really do not like this example as I think the 1st two are much more powerful but this one it true….we buy things and then we do not use them….so here you go – I GIVE YOU PERMISSION TO USE IT UP!!!! (trust me, you will feel good) and this layout will lend itself to ANY paper we have!
I hope that you are able to “enjoy the little things” today because it IS the little things that grow to be the BIG things that make a difference. I cannot think of one person that would not enjoy and be honored to receive this card….that’s why I say it is a keeper! 🙂
I just love a card like this and I hope that I have inspired you to see that keeping it to the basics just simply works. It is as easy as that! I would love to hear how you like today’s card!
I will not see you until Friday – I will miss you tomorrow but as I like to say “Life is Life” and I need to be where I need to be! Have a fabulous day and go and make a difference to someone! Keep it SIMPLE! (I just love that motto)
Remember, you can click here and see the NEW SALE-A BRATION offerings….you guys are lovin’ that sparkle paper…and I GET IT….it’s a beauty! With every $50.00 you spend, you can pick a FREEBIE….and if you spend $75 with me….you can get that FREEBIE plus I will send you a brand spankin’ new VersaMark Pad…..we can always use this super product!