Tweet-tweet….I hope that you are having a great weekend! I changed up what I had planned for you today for a simple reason…I was missing playing with my stamps and decided to take a break from working on the product shares last night and I got inky!!!
I have ordered…actually a bunch but I will say the things that I have ordered have mainly been the products needed to fill my shares! Remember, today is the LAST day if you want to sneak in a product share. WHY did I do that? Easy – if I ordered a bunch for myself right now….I know me well enough – I would easily be sidetracked and sneak upstairs and stamp so I guess you could say that I am “exercising stamping willpower”
On Thursday I shared with you a CASE from the catalog…and today is the same! I wanna tell you….the samples and ideas that are RIGHT THERE at our fingertips in the catalog are the BEST springboard for you to CASE. Now go get your catalog and turn to page 220 and here is my inspiration!
As I have been cutting paper into the Swatch Books I have really started to learn and get a feel for each of the offerings. Do you remember during Sale-A-Bration we had the DSP that you could color called Inside the Lines? Well…in the new catalog we have an offering that is the similar idea…it is called, Just Add Color. Let me tell you…it is fabulous! I will blog about that another post…it is super fun and fresh!
The stamp set that I am using today is called Feathery Friends and it has a similar “color me” feel. This is a Host Rewards set and I think that the offering for Stampin’ Rewards Redemption are wonderful in the catalog….please go to 220-223 to see the offerings.
I want you to think back when you were in school and you were sitting there listening, or trying to listen but your pen just kept doodling. This is how I can related to images like this in the stamp set and also in the Just Add Color DSP…they are super simple images that are just BEGGING for a bit of doodle here and there – it is as simple as that and this is what I did for today’s card!
There are so many elements that make me smile about this card. At a glance there seems to be a lot going on but this is a card that you could make in the masses and just have fun with an endless array of color combinations. Here are some things I like about it….
- You can stamp the images…cut them out with the Oval Framelits ….grab a bunch of pens, watercoloring pencils, blender pens etc…and GO TO TOWN! For the card I used the Aqua Painter (as it is my true blue friend) and an assortment of ink pads…that’s how I like to roll!
- The card uses scraps….the DSP is a strip from the Coffee Break DSP that I had that is 1″ wide and then a quick flag on the ends did the trick!
- I ADORE the look of “tone on tone” and if you look at the Soft Sky Card Stock I stamped the images in Versamark to give it a special look and feel…we all need to have Versamark in our stash and also it helped to “condition” my stamps….remember that tip from before?
- The sample that was on the catalog gave me a PUSH to use something that I have but do not use a bunch….Doilies…I think that it just added that “something-something” – sometimes we need that nudge! 😆
- A card like this allows you to add ANY sentiment. Because the image is so general, you could easily put a birthday sentiment, anniversary, thinking of you….or heck – just leave it blank!
- I ADORE using different textures…the wee bit of the burlap ribbon again was the perfect “something-something” to make this card sparkle…do you agree? It is amazing how tucking in a simple glue dot does the trick!
Enjoy the pictures….I hope that it makes you chirp! To me this is a relaxing “therapy card” as face it – there is not a right or wrong way to color this…the only rule is – JUST HAVE FUN!
Please do not overlook my generous rewards program that I offer to my customers that shop with me….collecting Paw Prints is fun but it is even better when you are able to pick a free stamp set.
In addition to the rewards program I am offering another personal incentive to my customers….buy any 3 bundles in the current catalog throughout the year and be able to pick a Host Stamp Set…..now that should make you smile! Trust me, I get it….that these special stamp sets are soooo tantalizing but you just do not want or feel like having an event or hostess code…so here is a solution to that!
Here is a funny for you and I bet that you would not have “caught it” if I did not point it out. Look below at the envelope. Do you see that the flap is straight across? Well, confessions of an honest stamper…..when I went to go trim the excess let’s say I had a bit of “user error” and instead of starting over…I simply trimmed the boo-boo’s off and presto – a fun envelope!
Again, another example of how we can make lemonade out of lemons!
Enjoy your day and I will see you on Tuesday! I wish that I could say that I am having a day off tomorrow….but I will be in the Product Share Trenches work to make a bunch of you have HUGE SMILES….I know you are very eager to get your goodies and I am like Lucy in the Chocolate Shop!
I just turn the music up…sing (watch the dogs turn their heads because I hurt their ears) and just go to town! I have a funny for you on Tuesday….enjoy the day and remember…shopping from home is TOTALLY on trend!!!