Welcome to the Pals monthly blog hop. We’re so glad you’re here! December is time for glitz and bling with “All that Sparkles & Shines”. Today we feature projects that sparkle or shine. Maybe even a little of both.
You may be starting the hop here or coming from a previous Pal’s blog. Either way, you’ve come to the right place. You’ll find the the full line-up below to help you move, or “hop” along from Pal to Pal.
I have a fun, clean and special card for you today! If you are new to my Blog….WELCOME but for those good old faithfuls….I have a double whammy for you today!
A “keeper” and a “formula”…
For you newbies….you might be sayin’ what the heck is she talking about? Well a “keeper” to me is something that is timeless, a true blue classic and a “formula”….well that is, a layout that you can use OVER and OVER with many stamps and papers you already have…for countless card themes….one for you to jot down the measurements and file for the future!
Let’s get going! This card is showcased with the stunning Dashing Deer Bundle and YES….it is being carried over so pull out your chair and do a little dance as this is one versatile and classic offering!
Remember, you will ONLY GET THE 10% DISCOUNT NOW as after this catalog it will not be a bundled price and heck, that is $5.00 so why not – helps towards shipping!
I hope that you can see the detail of the stamp. I was just THRILLED with how this stamped and I love the fine details that the framelits give! It is details like this that you say to yourself after you run it through the Big Shot…WOW – I did that…..and it was so easy yet so WOW!
I was not happy with the way my photos turned out as it is so hard to capture the sheer elegance of the gold foil paper so you are going to have to trust me…it is one classic that I would be SUPER proud to send!
I just adore using lots of paper with layers. It is a simple but always effective way to showcase a clean and simple card…my favorite type of card to make! I have several “close-up” shots for you so I hope that you find them helpful in getting the feel of the card.
Another thing that I adore to do is score! I always use the Simply Scored when doing so as I feel it gives you a much deeper score line …look below at the way the gold foil paper was scored….I think it is STUNNING and just the right amount of bling to make the card have that WOW feel!
I am not a card maker that uses a bunch of sparkle and shine to my cards but I will say, the holidays are a time that I do enjoy using it and the overall effect that it brings is just the “right touch” With that said….here is a GREAT TIP for you….
I would make sure that you have the Foil Sheets in your stash as there is nothing worse than working on a project and saying….now a bit gold or silver would do the trick and then for you to find out….you are out!
I have listed at the end of the post the (4) different offerings that Stampin’ Up! offers in the Foil Papers…they are a great price point and you only get 2 sheets so it is not like you have a big worry of storage of MORE PAPER…trust me on this one,,,you will be happy that you have them for when you need that extra special touch!
Now for what I know you all want…..THE FORMULA! Well…here you go and I do hope that you will copy this down and then make one! When I blog about “formula cards” I always encourage my blog readers to go NOW to their craft area and make one up….even if you do not have these exact products….
This way you will be able to reference right back to the pictures. This formula is a great way to use up paper and also a way to minimize the amount of DSP that you use.
- Card Base – a regular A-2 Card….4 1/4″ X 5 1/2″
- The Gold Foil Piece is 2 3/4″ X 5 1/2″ and then scored at 1/4″ and 1/2″ on each sides….(long side) and then on the (short sides), score at 3/8″ and 1/2″ on both ends. Adhere to base of card. (If you have the little markers for the Simply Scored…just put them on the Simply Scored as it makes it super fast and easy to remember where to score)
- The solid piece of cardstock is 2 1/2″ X 4″ and then the DSP is the same. Adhere over the gold with tilting the Solid rectangle as shown.
- Add the focal element to the card…for today, I used the deer and then popped it up with some slivers of dimensionals to give it a lift! A wee gold bow adhered with a simple glue dot was the perfect bling for this classic Holiday card!
- Add a sentiment across the middle on a strip of paper. I think an element like this is the icing on the card as it creates an interest to the eye without being super distracted! I also like to only cut one end of the sentiment strip and also extend it over the rectangles…
There you GO!!!! I hope that these directions are a great help to you and I also hope that you will make this layout up! I am all about making multiple cards up and with the Stamparaus….it is a breeze to do so! I hope that card touched your heart and has inspired you to get inky today!
More inspiration awaits! Use the Blog Hop Line-up below to visit the rest of this month’s hoppers. My fellow Pals are excited to show you what they’ve created. Don’t forget to show us some love by commenting on our creations.
Mark your calendars for Wednesday, January 9, 2019 when our Hoppin’ Pals share projects “From the Heart”. Don’t miss the fun.
- Mary Fish at Stampin’ Pretty
- Wendy Klein at Doggone Delightful Stampin’
- Peggy Noe at Pretty Paper Cards
- Rae Harper-Burnet at Wild West Paper Arts
- Jeanie Stark at Just Stampin’
- Jackie Beers at Blue Line Stamping
- Denise Hoepfner at The Mountain Magpie
- Jennifer Michalski at Stamping Serenity
- Stesha Bloodhart at Stampin’ Hoot!
- Linda Suarez at All Night Stamping
- Lisa Ann Bernard at Queen B Creations
- Leah O’Brien at Stamping By The Bay
- Lori Pinto at LollyPop Paper and Ink
- Katy McGloin at Just Fun Stamping
- Su Mohr at Aromas And Art
- Pamela Sadler at Stampin Pink Rose
- Susan Itell at Simple Stampin’
- Sandra Conner at Pretty Provisions
- Beth McCullough at Stamping Mom
You have a bunch of hopping to do so you better HOP AWAY! I thank you for hopping in today – it feesl great to be back hopping with the PALS! Be a sponge and soak up all of the inspiration that you will find with this hop…
‘Tis the season for all of us to sparkle and shine and with that said….enjoy this wonderful and oh so special Holiday Season that is quickly coming upon us!
I LOVE this panel of gold foil in on the base of your card. It adds so much to this beautifully constructed card. It’s definitely a keeper. <3
Beautifully done! The gold foil is the perfect “bling” for this card. Thanks for the formula measurements too, Susan. Enjoy the day.
I would recognize your card immediately from the Susan signature — the score lines on the perimeter! I love your card with the plaid and gold. Rustic elegance at its best!
Be still my beating heart….well not totally still as then I would be dead. I love all the elements of this beauty. The embossing on the gold foil is gorgeous. So rich looking. Love the tilt and all the luscious layers. Love the deer too. I have not used the deer stamp and I think it is about time I did. Oh deer, what a fun card and envelope to CASE. You knew I had to do a reference to “oh deer!”
Susan, this card is definitely a keeper! I love that pop of gold, with the added scoring, beautiful 🙂 Thanks for sharing a piece of your creative spirit with us.
What a lovely card. From the gold bling to the beautiful color collection, I would know your card anywhere with the simple touches you bring to the table. I adore your style!!! Great card, Susan.
This is such a great card! I love all the elements. But matching that beautiful plaid with the gold foil is an unexpected WOW!! A “country / city” touch. ?