*****UPDATE**** – I have sat at the hotel this morning going back to posts over this week and responding to many comments….I apologize that I am behind on that but if you wish to go back….please do so, I so appreciate and value your comments! LOVE your responses for today with the Dogs Name….this is super fun~ off to the Horse Show!
Good Morning and I hope that you are having a fantastic weekend! Here you go with the Step It Up Sunday card and right out of the gate – THIS IS MY PICK for our 2 day challenge!
Please read to the end of the post and I will give one person a chance to win this card (or yesterday’s if you prefer) with a fun “guess for you” and also a story behind the makings of the card!
The main difference between the 2 cards this weekend is that today I stamped the “thank you” in Versa Mark across the diagonal of the card~ this is super fun, super easy to do BUT you need to promise me that you will not stress in getting them lined up perfectly – JUST DO IT!
Several weeks ago I used Versa Mark to stamp and I had many questions about why did I do that rather than stamping in the same color? I guess the best answer I can give you is that certain colors (in my opinion) look better with the versamark than stamping it with the tone on tone.
We know that we use versamark when we heat emboss but when doing it in this fashion as I did today…it is nothing more than a simple stamp. The versamark just dries on its own with no smearing etc…
I personally love the look that this shows today. I would invite you to try it on a scrap piece of cardstock – first stamp it in the Sweet Sugarplum and then stamp it with the versamark and see which one you like better! I often do this will papers as I will say sometimes I like the versamark, sometimes I like the ink!
The other difference I did today was the mat of black paper – a simple yet effective POP factor! A POP of Black or a dark paper always adds interest.
Here you go…the thing that you love….dimensions! Please case away as it is a super cute card and you can have a ton of fun with different colors.
- The base is a 4 ¼” Thick Whisper White Card
- The Black is a 4” square
- The Sweet Sugarplum is a 3 7/8” square and then stamped with the “thank you” in versamark. The best tip that I can give you is….GO FOR IT! True, it is easier to do this method if your stamp is a photopolymer as you can “see through it” which makes it easier. I also used a piece of computer paper to put under the square as it keeps your work surface tidier.
- The Jar of adorable flowers is made with scraps (love this about this bundle) and the colors that I used were Basic Gray for the jar, Soft Sky (stamped off) for the water, the flowers were stamped with Sweet Sugarplum (the larger flower stamped off once) and then the smaller flower was stamped full strength!
- The little accents on the flower were stamped with good old basic black.
- For the linen thread, I ran a line of Fast Fuse against the back of the jar and then I wrapped the twine around. A simple bow was added to the front and secured with a glue dot!
- Just like yesterday, the envelope was made with the envelope punch board…love that piece of plastic!
So…do you have a favorite? I would love to hear your thoughts! Now to a story about this card.
When I received this “limited edition” bundle that YOU will be able to order starting August 2nd I went head over heels creating cards to post for you over the next several weeks.
Below is you pin-pic for you to save for a rainy day….I recommend you to do this….have a file that keeps the in’s and out’s of cards for you to make in the future!
Several days ago, I decided to head north to a horse show and I saw today’s card and said to myself – this would be a perfect card for a Sunday as I could easily whip up one for Saturday (yesterday’s post) I am super excited for this bundle and I know that many of you are excited as well.
Now for some fun…I ADORE going to horse shows because I get to see my “horse friends” and at shows there are ALWAYS a ton of adorable dogs! I simple cannot stop myself from taking pictures of adorable dogs but this one…made my heart skip a beat because of his priceless expression!
Leave me a comment and guess what his name is…I will give you a hint, as I know that there are so many options – it is a form of transportation and it is 2 words…when you hear it – you will say, THAT IS A HOOT OF A NAME. If no one guesses it, I will randomly pick the most cleaver guess.
Thank you for popping in and thank you for doing what we all LOVE to do, share handmade kindness. I am ALWAYS amazed at how a simple gesture of a handmade card with a heartfelt note can make a difference…I THANK YOU for making a difference to me!