Happy Tuesday to you! By now you know that I adore….actually LOVE my envelopes and today I have a tip for you. I was making the card for Thursdays post and thought….I LOVE this envelope – I need to share!
I know that many of you are on the Envelope Love Train with me and today I can inspire you to have fun with just a 1 1/2″ strip of a DSP and turn your envelope into a Picasso….that will make 3 people smile….
- THE MAILMAN
- THE RECIPIENT
Here you go….this is super fast and easy to do! I have blogged over and over about the BASICS….and by making sure that you have the BASICS….you will never go wrong!
The above pictures will share with you the necessities to make a fun envelope….in a flash! Let’s dive in…..
I like to anchor the strips with Tear and Tape….I find that using this adhesive make the thinner strips lay nice and flat and then you can just use the “green glue” to hold the DSP in place!
The Night of Navy is 1/2″ wide and the Lemon Lime Twist is 1/4″…..the DSP is 1 1/2″ wide.
All you need to do is give it a good and firm rub…..flip it over and cut the excess away….POOF – you are now smiling!
Not so FAST…..can you see in the below picture….that I “stitched in white” – well…I love that look and it is something that I do often….I encourage you to try to add a little touch to your projects…..just try and I think that you will be surprised at the difference.
Now that I have your attention I guess that you are going to have to pop back on Thursday to see the card?!?!? You can already tell that it is a keeper as it is in the 2 classic colors….Lemon Lime Twist and Night of Navy!!!!
I think that you will like it….it is a card right up by SIMPLE ALLEY!
I hope that you will try this envelope love….it does make a difference and I know that you will be doing the dance…the HAPPY DANCE when you give it a try….
Tomorrow is HUMP DAY….hope to see you! 😀
Happy Saturday to all! I have been getting lots of great feedback about the new catalog and I am just thrilled. It is always so exciting when we have the opportunity to play with new toys….you see – we will ALWAYS be young at heart and the great thing about having a hobby like this is the fact that you are good to go with ideas for Birthdays, Mothers Day, the Holidays etc….as we always have newbies that we just want to have.
With getting something new like this beautiful 233 page Catalog there are times that it is just hard to get used to, hard to take it all in. I am hoping that I am going to help you with some ideas that I like to use as guess what – I am just like you…it takes a while to get in the groove with where things are.
Today’s post is a “check in” with tips to help you navigate as there is so much to see and take note of. My hopes are that you will have your coffee with me and leave ready to grab that catalog and take it all in !
Before we get into some tips, if you are not currently working with a Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator or if for some reason you are my customer and you have not received your very own catalog, please shoot me an email and I will be happy to send one to you.
We all know that the computer is a fabulous tool in showing us things – IN THE INSTANT – but again, if you are like me….there is nothing like having a catalog in your hands to be able to flip through.
Let’s get going!
- The first thing that I like to do is to take my catalog to an Office Max/Staples etc….and have them make my catalog into a spiral bound catalog with Clear Covers on the front and the back of the catalog. This costs around $3.00 and it is worth every penny. This way your catalog will lay flat, it is easier to flip through and with all of the hard use it gets in the year – it protects it.
- I like to take a highlighter and flip through the entire catalog and highlight the stamps I have. I do this all through the catalog as well as in the Stamp Index (page 224). I love the index and reference to it just about daily. To me, it has everything right there…the stamp name, page number to flip to and it is a quick visual to see what I have.
- Now starts the fun part. The ultimate Wish List. I first go through all of the Bundles because these are the source of the instant 10% off and then I get an additional 25% off…(you see – a great reason to be a demonstrator – who doesn’t like discounted things). Here is a list of the Bundle and Save in this catalog but pop back tomorrow and I will have another tool for you to make it easier to “take in”. Bundles are great, bundles save us money. Please remember that Stampin’ Up! does not keep them as bundles forever so when you see a bundle, I would purchase it then.
- Take a piece of paper, (I always like a memo pad) and make 3 columns. I break it into A,B & C lists. Naturally the “A’s” are stamps that are the ones that I JUST HAVE TO HAVE….like the This Little Piggy and Crafting Forever. After I write down these then I go to the “B” list – these are stamps that I really want…..but will try to contain myself from that initial purchase. The “C’s” – they are stamps that I just want to sit back and watch…a great example of this is the Best Birds – I did not purchase that until last month. This stamp set it a great example of why it is good to purchase bundles. It now is NOT a bundle now, so you would need to purchase the framelits separately now.
- Time for the NEW DSP, Ribbons and Embellishments – The best tip I can give you is to purchase a share. Many Demonstrators offer shares and they really are the best bang for your buck for many reasons. To me you are able to have the buffet without feeling stuffed. There are always so many new things and “I get it” – we want them but then the reality of the price hits us – that is why the shares are the way to go…this way you can invest in more stamp sets and/or tools. Please remember that my 1st wave of the product share is available through tomorrow and then I will offer another one, but it will not be until later in the month!
- Time to flip to page 206…PUNCHES! Let’s face it…punches are fast, punches are easy to work with and punches JUST WORK! True we are blessed that we have so many amazing framelits and thinlits but there is just something about a punch that does the job. You are not going to like what I am going to say….but here it goes. Buy punches, they make things easy. Before I became a SUD I belonged to a Stamp Club. Every month I would order (1) punch – by doing it this way I built up my supply and trust me, I still have many from years and years!
- Last flip for today….go to page 220….Host Sets! There are some KEEPERS here….right? I received some yesterday and I am excited to get inky with them. I think that most people think that they need to have a “home event” to earn these….Well I am here to tell you….NOPE, not true. YES – you could have an event in your home…you could have a cyber event with me…you could easily have me get a host code for you….or you can get one free from me by purchasing (3) bundles from me on my online store and then you let me know which one you would like. (this offer is only good for (3) bundles from the same catalog) 😛
Ok stampers…..that is it from me today – this was a (2) cup of coffee day but I hope that it helped you! My hands have been cutting and cutting for the shares and they are coming together….a busy but fun time for all of us as we love new toys!
I hope to see you tomorrow….have a great day and enjoy the sunshine! Below you will see some of the products that I chatted about….also the group of host stamps….easy – buy 3 (bundles) and get 1 free (host stamp)…..an offer from me for your support! 😀
Good Tuesday to you! I have a tip for you and one that I hope that you will take to heart and give it a try! If I were to guess…I would say that you were like me at some point that the Stamp-a-ma-jig was a dust collector rather than a help to you in your craft area! At the end of the post you will see who the winner was for the cards over the weekend! WOOT-WOOT!
Here is a funny for you – when I was a “customer” I bought a Stamp-a-ma-jig….it came and it stayed in the box that it came in…. I thought – hmmmm…I bought it – but I have no clue how or why I bought it? Time went on and I attempted to try it….NO LUCK…..back in the box it goes.
Fast forward probably a year and I was more adventurous….back out of the box it came….and I was serious….really serious this time….still same results and back in the box it goes!
Last chance…I was seeing and hearing that people actually liked this piece of plastic and then it was like learning to ride a bicycle…..IT WORKED and I never looked back! This really is a good analogy as once you’ve got it……you’ve got it!
I hope that you will watch this video and I hope that you will walk away with a nugget of an idea that might work for you. I do have a MISTI and I adore the MISTI but I find that I use the “jig” for “red rubber” stamps! I find the “jig” to be super fast and useful for those “you just want it right spots” and when you learn to use the tool to its potential – it is the best “plastic friend” you could have.
Please pop back tomorrow and you will see how I took this “base of this video” and turn it into a sweet card that you will find to be both practical and do-able. I think that it might be a game changer to you with many stamps that you have collecting dust….because now they have a SPECIAL PURPOSE IN LIFE…they have a friend, the stamp-a-ma-jig!
Now we need to announce the winner of the cards over the weekend….I loved reading your comments and I am thrilled that there are many of you that already love this piece of plastic. I would not have been able to get the “dots” and the “sentiment” in line without the help of the stamp-a-ma-jig!
Ready….ready….come on Robyn – get up from your chair and do the dance….shake it – shake it!!! Woot-woot to you! I know that these 2 cards are going to have fun going across the country to Nebraska…many thanks for popping in and leaving a comment!
I do agree with her spot on – I do like to use my MISTI with my photopolymer stamps but I do need the “jig” to me is needed for the clear mount and the wood mount. For the little cost of the tool and the small and “packable” size…the Stamp-a-ma-jig is a must have when you are a stamper!
As I shared above and in the video…please pop back tomorrow and see how I took this simple sentiment of “Happy Birthday” and turned it into a fun card that could be made as a good old Birthday Card Staple for you to make in many color combinations!
You know how I feel…
less is best…simple is super…and work with the basics –
you will never go wrong.
Here is a question for you to think about…If you had just 1 hour to pack up your “stuff” to go on a Stampin’ Retreat for a weekend – what would be in your bag – hmmmmm….this is a good one – but I will say for sure – the “jig” would be in there as there is nothing easier to use to get it “just right”!
Please remember, the retired list and the shelves at Stampin’ Up! are getting smaller…..don’t be disappointed if there is something that you “just have to have” because when the date comes that they are gone…they are gone! Also, with any order of $75+ or more this month – I will send you a pack of Foam Adhesive Strips…another basic that needs to go into your Retreat Bag!
p.s. – yesterday afternoon I sent an email confirmation out to those of you that have sent me a product share order…if you did not get one and you have emailed me with a share request, please email me. The Product Shares can be found here (and also in the drop down box for you to view at anytime!) – please email me your “wishes” and I will get you in the 1st wave of the shares!
I have a tip for you today about storing your DSP. I have shared ideas in the past but today I also have a video for you to see how I like to use the P-Touch Label Maker. I know that many of you have this label maker and if you do not, I would highly recommend to get one as you will be amazed at how handy this is all over your house!
One thing that I gets comments about is the fact that you do not like the excess waste there is with making labels and I used to feel your frustration as I felt the same way…..but there is a way to do so with little waste!
I have a bunch of links for you and to just make it easier, I have them all linked to Amazon. I know that there are some that are not huge fans of Amazon….but they do have all of the products that I used.
- Paper Holder – I use just (1) for the Annual Catalog but if I were you I would get (2) so you can easily add the Holiday Paper and Occasions paper in. It truly makes it so easy to have the 12 X 12 sheets in one place!
- Paper Files – I know that these are a bit pricey but they do keep me organized and as I have said, being able to use them each year – a huge bonus!
- Dividers for the Files – These are the ones that I put the dsp and then the word scraps – I keep all of my full sheets and I do also but 1/2 sheets (6″ X 12″) but once I cut them any smaller, they go behind the divider – just makes it super easy to find a scrap in a jif!
- Brothers P-Touch Label Maker – This is truly my friend. I adore this and I will say that I use it all the time! Just love it and it is a great gift to give to just about anyone. (even my peeps that used to make fun of me with this…..now find it handy!)
- Tape – white tape with black letters
- Off Brand Tape – I have used this and it works just as well and the price – WOW!
Please remember, there are soooooo many different ways to organize – this is just a system that works for me with DSP’s that Stampin’ Up! offers. With the new catalog coming down the pike, here is a great way for you to be ahead of the game. I re-use and re-use these pockets…I probably have had them for 10+years…..you can see on the video how easy the labels peel of and POOF – print and put a new one on!
Here is a video for you to see how I like to use the label maker to my advantage to save tape. Trust me, I was on the other side before being so frustrated with simply wasting tape….no more – this is a great tip and I figured that you would like to see it in action!
PLEASE ….reach out to me if you need further explanation….and also – leave me a comment with how you like this method and/or share something that works for you! I have tried many, many different ways but I always go back to this – I am all about having a system that works but does not take up much room.
I also like the ability to grab them off of my shelf and go…..being able to have something that is portable yet still will keep the product clean and in perfect condition – a WIN-WIN all that way around! (and THAT MAKES ME HAPPY) 😀
Tuesday are the days that I love to share with you a tip that will make you say….“That’s a great idea”…or something like “That would work for me” etc….and this is one that I hope that many of you will think about and say – Why didn’t I think of that and I am going to HOP ON IT!
Each and every year I get emails from people asking if I have a refill for a color that has been discontinued and I will share with you what I do.
When we have NEW COLORS come out (like our upcoming NEW In Colors) and I do buy the ink pads and I buy the refills. The way that I look at it is that I naturally need the ink pads to show and share with you the colors on my blog and I do buy the refills because I do find that I need to re-ink over the 2 years that the colors are available and also I use them for different techniques.
Below is a video that shares a technique using re-inkers. I ask you – have you ever tried this? Hmmmmm….I think that I need to do a post on it…..whatcha think?
I say…if you do not own the ink pads in the In Colors that are retiring…I say – this is a great solution to get them without breaking the bank or how about this – if you have a stamping friend – share the refills between yourselves as I am sure that you have DSP that has these colors in them.
I know that many people love the size of the “spots” as they are super handy to have on the go and YEP – these are the sizes of the cubes that are in the Paper Pumpkin. They are sooooooo cute!
Now let’s talk about cute 🙂 …..here is a picture that I just had to snap as I walked through the family room…we have some “Horse Neighbors” that use our riding ring and here are Milo and Rosie perched up on the sofa watching them out the window!
Now I say….life is rough for my fur babies….it is just not worth continually saying….off the couch when they seem so comfy! Have a great day and HIT THAT PAW PRINT and take me up on this tip!
p.s. – Sonny and Chris….I know…I know – Milo is a bit “bottom heavy” but my “perfect boy” has the abs of steel to not fall off the pillow!
Happy TIP TUESDAY! Last week I was surfing around looking for something specific and look what I stumbled on.
On Amazon, they have a broader way for you to look and see options for specific interests ~ This is called Shop by Room, Craft Room. I admit, it was super fun to click away and just see what is out there!
By now you know that I love to share with you things that make life easier, make us smile, make us happy…. 😀
I invite you to have some “me time” and click away and see what tickles your fancy! I am a container junkie….with doing a SUPER QUICK breeze through...I saw this….and thought – this would be perfect for me when I am working on putting my kits together as I love things that stack as (stacking saves room and stacking makes things look tidy)
You could just have a “hay day” going through all of the different items that are things that “work for our needs” – here is one that I use….a BUNCH….but I will give you a “HEADS UP” that in the new catalog we are going to be coming out with a similar product and I cannot wait to try it to see if I like it as much!
I know that I am a Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator but I also know that there are many other great resources out there and I don’t know about you…but I do not buy all of my clothes from the same store or do I buy my groceries from the same store …you get it!
Here is an item that we DO HAVE but we do not have it in FUN COLORS…and it is only about the color for me in this instance…WHY???? = EASY….I have GREAT INTENTIONS of keeping a set of plates for just embossing….and if they are clear…somehow – someway – they get “in the mix” so having a FUN color it makes me STOP and use them just for embossing!
Well…this post can be short…because you can have FUN! Please share with us in the comments something fun and interesting that you think we all can find unique and useful!
Have a great day….tomorrow is HUMP day and I have another “keeper” Birthday card for you….that is one thing that we all seem to always need and appreciate ideas for!
Here is a HEADS UP! – the retiring list is M E L T I N G ….so please do not overlook the goodies that are out there….and in closing….as PROMISED – I would let you know when the April Paper Pumpkin Refill was available…and WOOT-WOOT – it is! Click here to grab yours….but remember, you need to be a Paper Pumpkin subscriber to purchase them…
So….if you really want it – and it is GREAT….and true ~ you will not get the stamp set with this refill….but REALLY – how can you go wrong with being able to get 12 complete cards with FUN liners for just $9.00….and we all know that you have many sentiments that will work….so GO FOR IT!
How can you get it without being a subscriber????….EASY – hit that below button for a months subscription…and then after you do that – you can order this refill (I would get many) as I adore it and remember the examples that I showed you……CLICK HERE TO SEE!
See you tomorrow….. 😀